Chapter 26

"Liv? Are you okay?" I asked crouching before the crying girl.

Tyler and Jake were in the kitchen. Tyler knew a few things about medicine and he is taking the bullet out from Jake's shoulder. Luckily, the bullet did not hit any crucial parts, but only the muscle in his arms.

Asher was next to me, he is yet to speak or make a sound.

"N-no. My brother.. h-he tried to shoot me." She cried.

I looked at Ash, secretly asking him to help. I am not good at handling crying people.

He nodded and took my position before her.

I walked out of the room towards the kitchen, where Jake and Tyler were talking.

"Maybe you shouldn't have killed him." Tyler told me as soon as I entered the kitchen.

"Why not? He tried to kill his own sister. What am I supposed to do? Ask him to stay for dinner?"

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated. Tyler is right. We could have got some information from him." Jake said.

"No Jake. He doesn't know anything. He is just a pawn the main man is using. Just like the nurse at the hospital, he doesn't know anything."

"How can you be sure? He could know a few things."

"I don't think so. Telling Richard things would be a great risk. Chances are he might just betray them. They wouldn't take that risk."

"You are right. But how did Olivia know he is here.?"

"I told her. When Summer told me about him, I joined the dots. I had a feeling it was him. I told her a few days ago about my doubts on her brother. She said, she saw him acting weird and would keep an eye on him."

"But, I still don't trust her. What are the odds that she walks in the exact time her brother was about to shoot you?"

"That's debatable. We can't trust anyone in this business. So she is in the suspect list."

"What are we gonna do next?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know. We wait."

"Wait for what?"

"Wait for something to happen. Or for us to find any leads. We are back to square one again."

"Whatever you do, I believe in you Lena. Because I know you don't do anything without thinking. Tell us what to do and we'll follow your lead." Jake said.

"Thank you for trusting me, Jake. I'll try not to let you.guys down."

"We know you won't" Tyler smiled. I smiled back.

There is nothing better in this world than you knowing people trust you.

"How is she doing?" I ask Ash when I walk back into the living room.

"She fell asleep. I hope shell be fine when she wakes up." He says looking at the sleeping Olivia curled up next to him.

He slowly put her in a lying position and walked towards me.

"How are you doing?" I asked him. I know Olivia will be fine when she wakes up. She was trained to handle this kind of situations. But I'm not sure about Asher.

He just shrugged and continued looking at me.

"I understand if you think I'm a monster. Because I have no other emotions and I will not think twice before killing someone. I understand if you don't wanna talk to me or be with me anymore." I told him, my voice thick.

"Hey, look at me. Why would you think I'll leave you?" He asked cupping my cheeks.

"I don't know. You just saw me shoot a person in the head. I thought.." I trailed off.

"I would never leave you. It's your job. If you hadn't killed him, he would have kill is all. I understand, El."

"Thank you" I told him, throwing my hands around his neck. He hugged me back.

"I love you, El." I froze.

Did I hear him correctly?

"Say something. I understand if you don't love me ba-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

He responded immediately. We pulled back when we needed oxygen and he rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you to Asher. So much."