Chapter 13

"What are you doing here?" I asked Jacob.

"What? Aren't you happy to see me?" He feigned hurt.

"I'm just... Surprised"

"I missed you Lee" he said kissing my forehead.

Jacob is the closest thing I have to a friend, before I came to New York that is. He is also my trainer.

A throat clearing reminded me that we aren't alone. I almost forgot Asher is here.

"Ash this is Jacob, my-" I gasped when I was pulled by my waist to Jake's side, roughly I might add.

"Boyfriend" he finished for me. I jabbed my elbow in his stomach as hard as I can and it might have hurt.

"He wishes" I say, glaring at Jake.

"I do. Really" he smiled through the pain.

"Jake, this is Asher-" I was interrupted again.

"Asher? The Asher?" He said his eyes wide.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes"

"Damn. He's hot" Jake said checking Asher out.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked Jake who was shamelessly checking the dark haired boy in front of him.

"Not anymore" Another voice said from behind us.

"Tyler" I practically screamed and hugged him.

"I missed you too, Ells. Nice meeting you Asher. I'm Tyler by the way and please excuse us for a minute. I have to break up with him" he pointed to Jake.

"You know I'll only love you, right Tyler?" Jake said as he smiled at Tyler.

I smiled at them before saying-

"Go get a room, guys. I don't wanna get scarred for life"

Just to tease me Tyler leaned forward and kissed Jake on the cheek.

"Okay, bye. I'm going to my room" I said dragging Asher with me.

I heard the to boys laugh behind me.

I closed the door and locked it before turning towards Asher, who was surprisingly quiet.

"Ash? Are you okay?" I asked, looking at him.

He looked scared, like literally. His face was a little pale and his eyes wide. It looked like he was trying hard to stay conscious.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He said, but slurred a little. 

"Ash? What's wrong?" I asked as I moved closer.

"My head is spinning"He said leaning back on the headrest. "I think I'm going to pass out" he said.

"Why don't you lie down?" I asked.

He nodded before shifting so that he was lying on the bed. He was off to sleep within seconds.

I wonder what happened.

I moved closer, draping the comforter on him, as something red caught me eye.

It was really small, smaller than my pinky nail.

I took a closer look to what it was. It was in the shape of a dart.

Oh, my god! What if it's poisonous?

"TYLER! JACOB!" I screamed on the top of my voice. Hoping for them to hear me over, whatever they were doing.

I heard footsteps rush over the stairs before they knocked on my door.

"Ell? Are you okay?" I heard Tyler say. Concern lacing his voice.

"Yeah, but I don't think Asher is" I said as I opened the door.

Tyler rushed to him and checked what happened.

"Shit" he cursed before he took out his phone and called someone.

"I need you here" he said into the phone. "Now! It's an emergency" he said. He then spoke a few words and ended the call.

"What is it Ty?" I asked him.

Jacob was strangely quiet. It's like he knows something, that I don't.

"Well he was hit by a dart" Tyler started.

"And... It might be poisonous. Since the dart is smaller than ordinary ones..." He stopped and looked at Jake.

"What are you not telling me?" I asked as panic crept into me. But I know better than to show it.

"Well, we don't know what they might have used. How long it takes to kill someone. Or if that's just a sedative." He continued. "But I can tell you that, help is on the way"

"So, is there something we could do?"

"Yes, Lena" it was Jake who spoke.

"What?"

"Now, we wait"

~*~