Epilogue

Asher:

"Here you go." The girl gave me a sad smile as she handed me the bouquet of lilies. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you" I told her before paying for the flowers.

I made my way towards the car. And looked at the sky. It was dark and cloudy. Most likely to rain.

The drive up the hill wasn't long. It took me approximately three minutes to reach my destination.

I walked out of the car and walked inside, opening the small metal gate.

Today is Friday and I was on my way back home when I decided to visit her. It's been too long since the last time.

I placed the flowers on her grave and sat on the ground next to it.

"Hi" I spoke out loud. " It's weird talking like this. When I know you wouldn't reply. I wish I had more time with you. I would've loved to get to know you well.

"A lot has been happening in my life right now. I graduated college a few weeks ago. Now I am working in a law firm. It's a busy life. But I chose law because I didn't want what happened to you happen to anyone."  

Tears burned in my eyes as I ran my finger along her name on the stone.

Cindy Everett.

A loving daughter, sister and wife.

"I haven't met you properly. But I miss you. I miss having a person who I can trust blindly. I love you, mom" I spoke.

The sky took that moment to roar. I think it's time to leave.

"I'll visit you next week. I have to leave before it rains." I tell and stand up.

The drive back home wasn't long. When I opened the front door I could hear small squeals.

I shook my head smiling to myself as I followed the noice.

"Asher" summer screamed as she jumped off the bed and ran towards me to hug me.

"Summer. How have you been? I haven't seen you in forever" I told my best friend as we pulled back.

"I know Right.. guess what?" She asked.

"What?" I asked back looking behind her to see Elena with a cheerful smile in her face.

"I got engaged" she squealed again showing the ring on her finger.

"Congratulations." I told her as I hugged her again.

"So.. I'm having a small get together party at Reserve tomorrow around eight. See you then. Bye" she said rushing out.

"Well, she was in a rush." I exclaimed as I sat down on the bed next to Elena.

"When did you get here?" I asked her.

"This morning. I wanted to surprise you." She told me looking back at me.

That night, the ambulance came at the right time and Elena was saved.

I decided that it was best for Elena to stay with me and aunt Lucy. I was really happy when she said yes to stay with us.

Aunt Lucy pulled some strings and within a year Elena was working at the CIA, doing a job she was trained and loved to do.

After the senior year, I had to move away for college. Since then we are trying this long distance relationship.

The last few weeks have been a mess. For the past four years me and Elena broke up for a total of four times. And we were able to get back together. But since the last few weeks, I have a feeling that if we break up again, we are never going to get back together.

"I need to tell you something." She said looking at me.

"Go ahead."

"I know that we've been trying to do this long distance for a while now... And I don't think we can do that anymore." She said.

Wow. She was straight forward about it.

"Is there someone else?" I asked her, my chest constricted with pain. I can't see her with anyone else.

She forrowed her eyes with confusion and then widened them.

"No no no no no.." she waved her hands frantically. "There is no one. What I was trying to say is... I moved back."

"Back here?" She nodded.

"But your job?"

"It doesn't matter more than you."

"You quit?"

"Yes. I did. I can't be away from you. "

I smile at her. Around put my attends around her.

God I love her.

"I love you, a Lena." I whispered kissing the top of her head.

See pulled back and looked at me with a walker smile on her face.

"I love you too, Asher." She said. I smiled at her and crashed my lips to hers.

Now my life is complete.

~*~

The end (or is it?)