Chapter 20: Times Are Changing

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" I asked, tears rolling down my cheeks. My father laid in a hospital bed, all these things hooked up to him, it was really scary. 

My mother shook her head, I could see her trying to fight back her own tears. "Because you were on tour, I didn't want to ruin your time," she said. 

I sat down on the green chair in the corner, burrying my face in my hands. My mom told me that dad was diagnosed with cancer a month or so after I left. Dad had told her not to tell me because he didn't want to ruin anything. "Hey," Harry walked over to me, kneeling down in front of me. "It's okay love," he said, looking up at me. 

I removed my hands, looking into his eyes that were always just so...comforting. "I want you to do me a favor," I said to Harry, who nodded. "I want you to call Jamie and buy us that first house, please," I grabbed his hand, pleading him. 

"Are you sure?" he asked and I nodded. 

"Brooklynn," my mom started but I looked passed Harry at her. 

"I'm not leaving you guys again," I said, wiping at my eyes. "I'm sure, the house will be good for us, it's beautiful, it's big It's -" 

"Are you trying to convince me or you? I'm already convinced," he said, giving me a very serious look. "I told you I'd be fine with anything," he said to me and I nodded. With that, Harry stood up and kissed my lips, then he walked out of the room. 

"Brooklynn, your father and I both don't want you to make a big decision like this based upon us," she said. 

I didn't reply, I wasn't going to go half way across the world when my dad is sick and my mom would be alone to do everything and I didn't want to leave her considering everything that was happening with dad. "Mom, I know what I'm doing, I know the decision I'm making and I'm 100% positive that I am making the right one."

Having that conversation with my mom, I was sure that I was doing the right thing. I didn't want to be away from my dad or my mom in a time like this, if in the future Harry and I want to leave we will. With that being said, a couple days after we got the house, we moved in, Harry had some clothes in the flat and some at my house so he got those, he'd be fine for a week or so, he arranged for his mom to bring as much of his clothes as they can to hawaii when we meet them there for our wedding. 

I wish I was happier about moving in, I think I was but the news about my father was really depressing. Harry and I were in our master bedroom, packing away our clothes and getting things around the house set up the way we wanted it. Neither of us talking until I got tired of holding the tears in and I gave up, sitting there silently, sobbing into my hands. "Brooklynn?" Harry saw me, I didn't want him to but he was walking by and noticed I wasn't doing anything. 

"I'm okay," I said, sitting up straight, wiping away my tears. 

"No...It's okay to cry love" he said, he kneeled down beside me, pulling me into his arms. Then he sat down fully, his back against the wall as I leaned into him. 

"I don't want to loose another parent, I've already lost my two real parents. The difference is I hardly knew them, I can't stand losing the man who raised me for as long as I can remember," I said to Harry who stroked my hair back. 

He didn't say anything for a minute, "I know it's hard but you'll get through this, I know you can, you're so strong. And so is your dad and he'll fight for you love, and no matter what happens, I will always be here for you. So next time you want to cry, wherever or whenever, I will always be here to hold you, because I'm never letting go Brooklynn. I'm never letting you go again," he whispered, kissing the top of my head as he grabbed my left hand, the diamond ring he placed on my finger shining.