Chapter 28: Summer In Winter

Christmas Day

"Brooklynn!" Gemma exclaimed, pulling her present from the box that I wrapped. She had no idea what I had gotten her up until now and she was too excited. I laughed upon seeing her face, jaw to the floor and eyes bugging out. 

I held Riley in my lap, as everyone was opening up their presents. "I hope you like them," I grinned. We were back in Miami and I was happy to be home. Everything was going great with the house ans with Harry and our little kitten is huge now. We were all sitting around the decorated tree, opening presents as one big huge family. Minus my dad but I wouldn't think sad thoughts. 

"You know I do," Gemma grinned. I had gotten her the same boots as mine that I wore on Thanksgiving that she nearly attacked me for. "Okay, open mine, this one is special," Gemma got up and grabbed a big wrapped box and handed it to me. 

I smiled, Harry took Riley from me, holding both of our kids now as I tore open the present. My mom took the trash and put it in a trash bag. I opened up the box and there were like four different colored and printed scarves. "Oh my gosh! You know me so well," I laughed, looking at Gemma. 

I love scarves so much...make an outfit so much cuter. "That's what sisters do!" She said, I got up and hugged her, thanking her then I sat back down next to Harry. I took Riley back, kissing her forehead. The babies got a whole bunch of toys and books and clothes. Now the parents, not including Harry and I were opening up their presents. I hate shopping for people, Gemma was easy but only because I knew she would love the shoes. I hate shopping for people because I don't know if they'll like what I get them. 

After they finished, everyone started getting up to prepare for the Christmas party. "One more thing," my mom said, reaching for an enevelope. She held it out to me and I took it, "it's for you and Harry." 

I looked over at Harry who gave Alfie to his mom and scooted closer to me, he hooked his arm around my waist and held me close as I dug my nails into the paper, ripping it open. It was a struggle because I was holding Riley in my arms too. But I managed to get it open and inside were two tickets. "Let me see," I handed the tickets to Harry and he sat back, reading them. I looked over at my mom who was smiling. "Tahiti?" Harry asked and I looked back to see him smiling. 

My mom nodded, "Summer in the Winter," she grinned. "And I know you guys have had your hands full, maybe I can take the babies while you're gone," she smiled. "And if you guys want to stay, you can," she looked over at Anne who smiled. 

"When do we leave?" I asked, and Harry told me we leave in a few days. "Thanks mom, that was really nice," I smiled, standing, I gave Riley to Harry and then walked over and hugged my mom. 

"Alright, time to get ready for the party," she smiled, Anne and my mom and Harry went into the kitchen to start cooking. Meanwhile, I put my kids in the living room with Robin in their little bouncy things. Gemma and I cleaned up by the tree, putting the gifts in the right rooms and putting the trash in the trash can. Once we were done tidying things up, the ones in the kitchen were setting out the food and I was playing with my kids when the first guests arrived. It was Lexi, and my aunt and uncle. 

"Hey guys!" Lexi smiled, she was another year older and getting prettier and prettier with the years. She was going to be model gorgeous with her blue eyes and orange hair. "Aw the babies," she came right over to me and I smiled. 

"Wanna hold them?" I asked, handing Riley over to her. She held her gently in her arms while I had Alfie on his back, making sure he was happy and safe. Harry comes into the family room, ruffling Lexi's hair. 

"Hey Lex," he smiled, giving her a nudge with his foot. She smiled and pushed him away. 

"Stop it, I'm holding your child," she laughed, and put her forefinger in the palm of Riley's hand.