Chapter 3: Work it out

"I can get you in, just wait for me, I'm almost there," I said to Harry through the phone as I came to a stop at the stop sign, but not stopping all the way, I was already late. 

"Hurry up!" Harry joked, I could have gotten off the phone with him five minutes ago but I liked him being on the other line. We used to always sit in comfortable silence with each other, I missed it but he was back now and I didn't want to loose him again. 

"Harry." 

"What?" 

"Is Casey with you?" 

"Not today," he said and I accidentally let out a relieve sigh. Harry didn't get mad though, he just laughed, "I have to talk to you at the gym so hurry up, I'm hanging up." 

"Goodbye," I hung up first, just so I could have the satisfaction but I was pulling into the parking lot of the gym anyway. I was signed up with a small gym not too far from where I lived, I decided two years ago I wanted to work on being a runner. I hated running, always have but you gotta do what you gotta do to stay fit!

Harry met me at my car, opening the door for me, I thanked him and stepped out, putting my purse into the trunk, holding my water bottle and keys in my hand. "Do I not get a hug?" Harry asked when I started walking towards the gym entrance. He was stopped behind me with his arms out stretched. 

"Harry..." I stopped, rolling my eyes. 

"What?" 

I groaned then walked back over to him, giving him a quick hug. "Come on," I grabbed his wrist, pulling him toward the entrance. When we walked through the door, the guy sitting on the front desk who had given me my membership the first day, smiled at us. "Hey Choppy I have a special friend here to work out with me today," I scanned my membership card, Choppy standing with a smile on his. 

"Special friend meaning boyfriend?" Choppy grinned, Harry and I both tensed next to each other and Choppy noticed because he cleared his throat awkwardly. "You look familar," Harry took off his sunglasses and beanie. "Oh well that explains everything! Usually you have to pay ten dollars for the day pass and I don't know whether or not you want special treatment or not but if you do... then you can just walk in for free if you don't... ten dollars..." Choppy said, giving Harry two options. 

Harry grinned, "special treatment." 

Choppy laughed, I smiled looking down at my shoes, wishing Harry was my special friend meaning boyfriend... but what about Max? "Have fun workin out," Choppy sat back down, then Harry and I walked over to the tredmills. 

"Warm up for ten minutes walking, then we will run a mile, then do some arm workouts because it's arm day but I want to run a little bit, oh and you have to do some medicine ball squats with me because my friend isn't here today," I said to him. 

"Working out the glutes?" Harry raised an eyebrow then smacked my butt when I stepped in front of him to get on the tredmill, I squealed and jumped a little, my mouth forming an O. 

"Harry!" 

"Don't act surprised." 

"Well I'm not acting..." 

I started the tredmill and started walking, "So can I talk to you about something?" I nodded, looking over at Harry, giving him my full attention. "What do you honestly feel about Casey?" Harry asked the question, then looked over at me, his eyes meeting mine. 

Sighing, I answered him honestly, "I feel like she is a bitch. I feel like she could be so nice but she is letting something get in the way of it. I wish that she would give me a chance because I do want to get to know her. I want to know that you are going to marry a good person because..."