Chapter 10: Finally

When I woke up, I still had a minor head ache but I'm sure half of that was due to stress and not just my head hitting the wall. I rolled over and saw Harry awake, watching me, I jumped a little, "what?" I asked him, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. 

"What... I was just making sure you were okay love," he brushes his fingers over my cut and my bruise on my forehead. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" he asks, looking concerned. 

I shook my head slowly, "no. It's okay." 

"You probably have a concussion babe," Emily said, from on the couch. 

I sighed, "it's okay, I've had some before, I'll just take it easy for a while," I sat up and leaned forward to give Harry a morning kiss. 

"So uhm last night I promised Casey we would talk over lunch about everything and you're more than welcome to come if you want." 

"DO you want me to?" 

"Yes." 

I chuckled, "okay then I'll go with you, as long as you take me to the drug store after." 

Harry nodded and with that, we both got up to get ready. I didn't bother with my makeup, I just pulled my hair in a bun and walked out with Harry right beside me. We got into the car and Harry dropped his sunglasses over his eyes, driving to the little cafe where we would be meeting Casey. She wasn't happy to see me when I walked through the door and she stood to give Harry a hug. We just nodded at each other in greeting. 

"Jesus christ, what happened to your head?" Casey asked when we all sat down. 

"Not important," I waved away that topic. "I want coffee, do you guys want anything?" I looked between Harry and Casey. 

"Coffee for me too," Casey nodded at me, I could tell she was really trying to be friendly. 

"Chai tea," Harry smiled at me and slide a 20 dollar bill over in front of me. 

"Oh no, I-" 

"Take it," he chuckled, then kissed my cheek before I grabbed the money and got up to stand in the line. By the time I got back, Casey was more upset than when I left and I truly felt bad. I set the coffee down in front of her, then I handed Harry his, not butting into the conversation but I just sat there and listened while she tried to fight to get him back, I remained silent. 

"Harry come on, she's a child. What is she going to be able to give you? Nothing," she cried, though she tried not to cause a scene. "No offense Brooklynn," she said quickly after, I just shrugged, sipping my drink. "We are supposed to have a family, me and you and our baby, maybe even another," she said, placing her hand on her little baby bump. 

"Actually I don't really think we were meant to be. I will do everything I can to help you with this baby and we will make arrangements because I want to see my child so don't think for a second that you're going to be allowed to move half way across the world just to get away from me," Harry said, looking her dead in the eye. 

Casey sighed, shaking her head, "I know that. How about we start off with you seeing the baby every other weekend." 

"No. That's not enough time, I want my child to actually know that I'm his or her father." 

"They'll know," she said with a tude this time. 

The table fell into a silence, "I have to go to the bathroom, then we're leaving Brooklynn," Harry said, not happy at all right now. When we disappeared down the little hall I turned to Casey and offered a smile that she didn't feel like returning.