Chapter 7: Hush Hush

It was finally Saturday, I was honestly just excited to see Harry, "cheeeeeeeeeeeck," I said into the microphone, grinning at the drummer behind me who laughed at my face. "Okay, do you have the set list?" I asked the drummer who handed me a piece of paper. 

"Show is in ten," one of the guys who worked there said, I nodded and went back into the room in the back. 

Ten minutes passed and I was all warmed up and ready, "Brooklynn!" the announcer shouted my name, I smiled and waved to the audience that was a lot bigger than I expected and I saw Harry in the crowd which pumped me up. 

"Hey everyone, so first, thanks for coming out, I really appreciate it," I shot everyone a cute smile, they cheered, easy crowd tonight, alright. I announced the first song then started singing, I went through three songs and my time was almost up, I had a few minutes to talk and tell my story.... they usually give me a few extra minutes to do that but when I locked eyes with Harry, I decided to do something else. "Can the guys and I," I pointed to the guys playing instruments behind me, "try something for the first time in front of an audience?" 

"Yeah!" Someone shouted really loud in the crowd. 

I laughed, "alright give me a second," the guys and I huddled. "I want to sing Hush Hush by Avril Lavigne okay? Do you think we can do it?" 

"It's worth a try, seems like a very supportive crowd," Greg, the drummer smiled. The other guys agreed so I turned back to the crowd, stepping back up to the mic. 

"Alright so we are going to sing another song for you, we haven't sung it before so you guys are the first. But I'm singing it tonight for a reason," I paused and looked at Harry for a minute then continued to speak. "There is someone in this crowd that I think of every time I perform the song. Actually, four years ago I sang a song about this same person. This person was my boyfriend whom I loved more than anything, but that night I sang a song about him, he had to leave," I sighed. 

"Aww," the crowd said in unison, Harry's eyes dropped to the floor as he stood there. 

I laughed to brighten up the mood, "it's okay, he's back, we're not together but we're friends....it's hard... but it's going to have to work because I'm not loosing him again." 

"Brooklynn, you're adorable," somebody said. 

"Thank you," I smiled then nodded to my band who started playing. "I didn't mean to kiss you, you never meant to fall in love. I never meant to hurt you, I never meant for it to mean this much. Hush Hush now." 

The song kept going on, I didn't want to get emotional so I sort of kept a smile on my face and interacted with the other guys on stage. "When I try to forget you, I just keep on remembering. What we had was so true, somehow we lost everything." 

"So go on, live your life. So go on, say goodbye, so many questions but I don't ask why.." 

The song kept going on until it ended and everyone was so intrigued, listening to the story it told, Harry had his eyes glued to me. "Well thank you everyone again, enjoy the next performance, love you guys," I waved goodbye then walked off the stage. "Good job guys," I high fived them all. 

"For the first time it was great," Greg agreed. 

We all laughed and sat down, reflecting on our performance when Harry walked in, "holy shit, you're Harry Styles," Greg stood up and smiled. 

"Well last time I checked, yeah," Harry flashed him a smile. 

"Yeah, you know.... my sister likes you guys," Greg scratched the back of his head awkwardly, I was trying to contain my laughter.