37: Appa

"I almost died from everything that happened but I managed to survive. Thanks to Yujin eonni, to Mina, to BTS,"
"YOU KNOW BTS?!" The kid asked you.
"Yes."
"Jjang jjang man bboong bboong!"
You smiled. "Wait. Who's this Mina?" Sumin asked you.
"It's a long story. I would love to tell you everything but I have no time left. I need to go home. My daughter is waiting."
"Oh! Ok! I hope we'll see each other again!"
"We will." You gave her a smile.

After bidding goodbye, you left and went home. the house is quiet when you entered it. You went straight to Yoonji's room and found her playing with Mina and Yoonsuk.

"Eomma!~" She immediately ran to you when she saw you.
"How's my Yoonji?"
"Yeppeo!"
"Oh! You learned a new word!" You said smiling at her.
"Appa?"

Your smile faded. You looked at Yoonsuk and he looked down. You looked back at Yoonji and smiled again. She looks so much like Yoongi. There's no doubt he is really her father.

"You want to see your appa? We'll go to him tomorrow then. It's already late now." You told her.
She nodded excitedly and ran to Yoonsuk. "Steamed buns?!"
"You want steamed buns again?! But we already ran out of ketchup."
"I already bought bottles of ketchup." You told Yoonsuk.
"Oh! Then, let's go make your steamed buns, Yoonji-ya!~" Yoonsuk said taking Yoonji with him to the kitchen.
"YEHEY!~"

You watched them go. You sighed and turned to Mina. She started to prepare to leave. She smiled at you when she noticed you're watching her.

"Stop staring at me. You might fall for me." She said making you laugh.
"Thanks for watching over her."
"No. I thank you for letting me play with her. I have to go now though. I have a flight tonight you know. My photoshoot is in Japan."
"Good luck and have fun!" You said
"Pfft. I don't need luck. I've been modelling for a year now. I have talent."
"Well, if you say so."
You stared at her for so long she had to ask you. "Do you need anything?"
"No. I just want to thank you. Without you, I don't know how I would be able to prove the court Henry is guilty of kidnapping Yoonji."
"Aigoo! Shut up! I did it because I know Yoongi is really Yoonji's father! Just look at her face! It says Yoongi, not an-idiotic-foreigner-who-thinks-a-girl-he-met-in-Korea-loves-him-romantically. Plus, I managed to find a video footage, remember? He went straight to the next street after leaving the convenience store where he met up with his cousin. His cousin revealed to us that he immediately fell asleep from tiredness when they arrived in her apartment. Are you not going to continue the investigation though?"
"To find those men?"
"Yes."
"No. I'm fine. As long as I have Yoonji and we are all safe and happy, I'm fine now. Thanks."
"Ok, boss!"

You all ate dinner together and Mina left after that. Yoonsuk went to his room and you went to your room with Yoonji.

"Eomma,"
"Hmmm?"
"Appa...eodi?"
"He's far away. You know that, right? I already explained it to you. Appa can't be with Yoonji now."
"Wae?!"
"Because..."
"Hmmm?"
"I think we should sleep now. You need to wake up early tomorrow if you want to see your appa."
"Ok!"

She hugged you tightly and soon fell asleep. You stared at the empty spot on the bed where Yoongi used to sleep on. You miss him so much.