29: Gone

I would like to apologize in advance for the confusion and pain. I promise to give you a happy ending.

•▪●■♡■●▪•

"I'm going to the police station."
"I'm coming with you."
"No. It's fine. Stay here. It would be nice if someone is home when she returns." You told him.

You went out of the house and headed to the police station. All they could tell you is that they're doing the best they can.

You want to shout at them for not finding her yet but you know how difficult it is. No witnesses. No evidences. No clues. No suspects. Only Jin was seen leaving the house but he was alone. He walked to the bus station alone with nothing in hand except the bag that contains his clothes.

There's no point of going to the police station. It's useless to stay there too. I decided to roam around hoping you'll find her in the streets at least. You walk aimlessly. You feel so empty. Yoonji is gone.

It has been days since you learned she's gone. You miss her more and more each day. You can't sleep. You barely eat. You feel like dying. You kept thinking where she could be, when she'll come back, when you'll see her beautiful smile again.

All you could do is cry as you crossed the street. Your sight was blurry from the tears. You heard cars blowing their horns. Would you die if a car hits you in this highway? It's better to die than not ever see Yoonji again so you stayed in the middle of the road.

You felt the wind as fast cars drive past you. You heard drivers curse at you. You don't care. You closed your eyes and tried to hear nothing.

You remember how Yoonji giggles and laughs. She was happy. You were happy seeing her happy. You remember how she smiles and how her cheeks get so fluffy when she does that. You remember seeing her every morning. She always greets you with a smile. You remember her hands on your face. You remember her smile when she realized you were the one holding her.

You were careless from the start but after all those things that happened, you didn't know you would eventually lose her.

No.

You remember her.

Yoonji,

Your little angel.

You love her

So much

But she's gone.

What if you never find her again?

You'll never be able to hold her again.

You'll never be able to see her smile again.

You'll never be able to hear her giggle and laugh again.

She's gone.

Car tires were struggling to stop.

People were screaming.

She's gone.

And, just like her,

You'll be gone

You're gone.

Gone.