Chapter 15: Figuring Out

~ Jackie's POV ~

I walked down the stairs of my house and into the kitchen, grabbing out a glass from the cabinet. Opening the fridge, my hand reached for the bottle of orange juice. I turned back to my glass that was on the counter, pouring myself a cup. I looked up at my mom who sat on the couch watching a movie. Closing the bottle, I placed it back in the fridge. Grabbing my orange juice to take a sip, I noticed a bouquet of red flowery roses on the coffee table. They were in a nice piece of wrapping paper.

"Hey mom?" I asked her and she looked up at me. "What's with the flowers on the table? Did dad get all romantic and asked you out tonight to a dinner date?" I teased.

She chuckled, "No, honey." She said and paused the movie. "These just came today. Actually, just about fifteen minutes ago." I just rose an eyebrow at her. "There's a notecard attached in the roses."

I walked over to the living room and sat down next to her, "Did you open it?"

"No. It's yours." My mom just said simply.

"Mine? For me?" I questioned and she just nodded.

That can't be right... I took the roses and looked at the envelope that contained the notecard. And it clearly said on the card To: Jacqueline Blake on the front of it. I took the notecard out and looked at it more clearly. Opening the tiny notecard, it said the words I didn't want to see. 'Jackie, I'm truly sorry for what has happened. Please forgive me...'

I frowned and closed the notecard, tossing it on the coffee table by the roses. I shrugged and got up to place my finished glass of orange juice in the sink.

"So, who sent you the flowers?"

"It doesn't matter." I said and went to go lay on the other couch by the TV. I could see out of the corner of my eye, my mom taking the note I had just read and opened it. I closed my eyes and laid there, relaxing.

Well... I was relaxing for a few seconds before my mom spoke up to me, bringing me back into reality. "Shay sent you these flowers?"

"Apparently..." I sighed.

"She's asking you to forgive her... Did you two get into a fight or something?"

I shook my head, "It was more than that mom. But whatever, it doesn't matter anymore. She doesn't matter anymore."

"Honey, don't say that. I'm sure she did something wrong, like a simple mistake. She's asking you to forgive whatever she did wrong, she even sent you flowers."

"Well it's because I haven't been answering her calls and texts for the past week." I said, yeah, it's been a week and she's been trying to get in contact with me. "Whatever, she knows I'm mad at her. And she blew it this time, so it's all on her. I'm done giving her chances."

I suddenly got a text, 'Hey, are you free? Do you want to go out for some lunch?'

A little smile appeared and I immediately replied, 'Yeah, I'm free.'

'Great, I'll come and pick you up in about an hour.'

My mom then spoke. "Honey, what happened?" She asked me.

"She cheated on me mom. Again... I was hanging out with Amber last Saturday at GameWorks. Then went into a Chinese restaurant to eat, right when we were going to leave, I saw Shay at a table with a couple of girls, and including one she was kissing."

"What did you do?" My mom asked me.

"Well, I basically walked in there, gave her a piece of my mind, that I'm done dealing with her shit, tried to leave, she grabbed my wrist, I reacted by splashing her glass of water in her face and walked out of the restaurant."