Chapter fifteen- ping pong

This chapter is dedicated to @RoseShower for tow reasons: First, for her awesome enthusiastic comments, and second for a question that she asked about the timeline. She wanted to know if the Capitol Games are going to take place 100 years after the first games.

Well, initially, I didn't think much of the timeline, just that Lian is a year younger than Finnick Odair II. In the ending of mockingjay, Annie sends Katniss and Peeta a picture of her newborn son. I know that Katniss and Peeta have a kid, like, 15 years after that, but I wanted Finnick to be a part of my story, so changed it a bit.
Katniss was sixteen in her first games, 17 in the quarter quell, and I'm assuming the rebellion and all took about a year. In total, when the rebellion ended, it would have been 76 years from the first Hunger Games. 

When I read @RoseShower's comment, I realised that the Capitol Games taking place 100 years after the first hunger games would have quite a nice significance to it. But to make it a hundred years after the first games would not be possible as Annie couldn't have had baby Finnick six years after her husband died (I know, I'm sorry for bringing up the fact that Finnick died.) So instead, I've decided to make Finnick 19 yrs old instead of 18, and Lian and Addie 18yrs instead of 17. That way the Capitol Games would be 95 years from the first games. (I'm fairly confident in my math skills, but please correct me if I went wrong anywhere.) I think that's significant enough. If you don't agree with me and don't think that it is significant, I request you guys to keep reading! I'll add why I think it's significant in one of my chapters. 

Sorry for this terribly long author's note. Enjoy the chapter now! 

_____________________________________

"How am I going to tell him?"

Sam, Addie and Finnick are in my room, and we are sharing a large wood baked pizza.

"Be honest with him?" Sam suggests.

"Oh, sorry but I can't meet you outside of this stupid building cuz my parents are worried that it's gonna cause a rebellion or something." Then I blink at what I just said. "That sounds so stupid."

The three of them just shrug.

"C'mon Sam!" I encourage my bother to give me an idea.

Sam throws his hands up. "Lian, how on Earth would I know?"

I huff in frustration and sit down.

"Okay tell me." I start. "If you had a girlfriend of a higher status than you, and her parents basically insulted your status, how would break the news to in a way that would still make you like her."

Sam shrugs wildly. "I don't know, I- wait. He's your boyfriend?"

I flush.

"Whoa." Finnick rolls up from his lying down position. "You just blushed."

I quickly make my blush go away, and stare at him with a blank look.

He stares back.

Then shrugs. "Hm. This is the Lian I'm used to."

Addie leans back, supported by her elbows and smiles at me. "You really like him."

I grab another slice of pizza. "He's likeable. You would like him too."

Addie says, "Sure."

"Yeah, sure."

There is a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

The door opens and an attendant steps in.

"Miss Mellark, there was a boy waiting for you at the main gate, Zeke. We were told to let him in. He will be coming now, and may I send him to your room, if that is okay with you?"