Chapter 8- Breathing under water

Addie literally pushes me. "Go meet him! It's eleven forty-five already. Oh my god this is so cute I think I'm going to faint."

I roll my eyes. "Relax Addie. He probably just has my earring and wants to give it back."

"Okay no." Addie announces. "You are not going to say that. Dude, did you even read what he wrote? Like are you blind? Or do you not have a heart?"

I know that she is going to keep on ranting about how 'blind' I am so I just start making my way outside. Well maybe I really do want to go meet Zeke , and I hide it up with trying to get away from Addie, but lets just not focus on that. It's weird actually. I remember feeling something slightly similar to this when I first started dating Nate, but this seems different, not so...formal? More warm and.... bubbly? Okay there is definitely something wrong with me.

My the time I reach the end of the hallway that leads to the gardens, I start walking faster. I bet there is a stupid smile on my face, but I honestly couldn't be bothered.

When I reach the grand fountain, there are many people mulling about, mostly capitol people, but I can't see Zeke. The stupid smile on my face just about drops, when I feel someone grab my hand and pull me under a low tree and a small gate. I can only see the back of that person but I don't think twice before recognising him.

Zeke pulls my into a small clearing that is curtained all around with dark green trees, and in the middle sits a much smaller, much less elaborate, but in my opinion, much cuter fountain. Zeke leaves my hand and perches not the edge of the fountain. I brush the fake snow off the slab and sit down too.

"Much better than that bigger place, right?" Zeke asks me.

I look around, and agree.

It's not as grand, but I like it better. The leaves of the trees are dark green, like Mum's dress, and a few trees have a leaf or two of red or orange as well. The light snow adds to the beauty of it as it perches on the trees like pearls, and the best part? You can see the stars clearly over here. Like diamonds scattered onto dark blue velvet.

"Yeah." I say.

We sit there watching the water pour out of the fountain and spur gently into the pool.

"How did you find this place Zeke?"

"I have some shifts here sometimes in the winters."

"It's beautiful."

"Yeah it is beautiful."

I turn to look at Zeke, and just catch him look away.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing, why?"

"Zeke."

"Yes."

I give him a long look.

"What? I can't look at you?" Zeke asks me and his stupid grin starts to reappear on his face.

I sigh and lean closer. "Okay, look as much as you want."

He locks his eyes with mine and just stares at me. For a long time. I try not to break eye contact, but he just keeps staring and it's weird because his face is serious. Not grinning and smiling like it always is. So I study his face too. His disheveled blue hair, pale mint green eyes, thin nose, light pink lips and sharp jawline. If I describe these features to Addie, she would probably think of some smoking hot person. But somehow, I couldn't bring myself to call Zeke hot. He was good looking in this goofy, boyish way, that I found extraordinarily cute, but not hot, exactly.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I huffed and looked away.

I heard Zeke laugh and I gave him a sideways glare as I rubbed my arms.