Chapter 5: Florida Kilos pt. 1

I laid down on the bed, and looked up to the ceiling. Why me? Out of everyone in this damn world, why did I have to just so happen get caught up in this, I thought to myself.

I sighed, as the door opened. I sat up, and Robert walked in. I rolled my eyes, and laid back down. I could tell he was looking at me, but I continued to stare up at the ceiling.

I felt him sit down on the other side of the bed. I looked over, and his back was towards me. I had one question that was flooding my mind for the majority of my presence here, why did he drug me when he brung me here?

I opened my mouth to speak, then closed it; wondering if I should even ask him something at this moment. Then I decided, what the hell.

"Why..." I began, as he slowly looked back at me over his shoulder. "Did you drug me when you bring me here?"

He sat there quietly for a few moments longer, then answered.

"You weren't supposed to see where this house is located. It's one of the government's properties."

I nodded, and looked back at the ceiling. "Oh..."

"It's uh, getting late so..." Robert got up. "I'll sleep downstairs." He didn't look at me. He left the room, and I was left to myself.

Silence filled the room. My eyelids became heavy, and I fell into darkness.

Next morning...

The sun beamed through the windows, waking me up from my slumber. I opened my eyes, and began to stretch. I heard someone talking in the house. I got out of bed, and walked towards the door. I looked around, and heard Robert on the phone downstairs.

"No, no activity yet besides the vans....... leave today?........ is it ready now?......... ok then, that can work for today, it's no problem....... alright, thanks. Bye." Robert ended the call, and I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly went back to the bedroom. I decided to go back in the bed quickly so he didn't catch me eavesdropping.

I heard him walk in the room. I acted like I just woke up. I sat up sleepily, and gave a fake yawn. Robert grabbed some clothes from the closet and started packing.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Packing. We have to leave." He said, as he filled one small luggage. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where?"

"Florida." He said simply, closing the luggage. He was about to leave, but I stopped him.

"Wait. We can't just up and go." I sat up.

"Yes we can. It's already cleared for our departure, the airspace I mean."

I looked at him, and sighed.

"Listen, it's apart of the job. So, come on." He said, as I got out of bed and walked past him to go to the bathroom and clean up. I didn't like this whole idea.

I emerged about 30 minutes later, and put on Robert's comfy clothes since I didn't have anything else to change into.

I went downstairs, and saw Robert waiting for me. I walked over to him, as he eyes what I was wearing.

"There was nothing else..." I said.

"Understandable." He nodded, smiling. He lead me out to the car, and we got in. He began to drive down the gray streets.

"So, am I getting drugged again." I said, rolling my eyes.

"No, why would I do that. We're leaving the house, not going. You weren't supposed to see how to get there remember." He said, casually.

I huffed, and looked out the window. "What logic." I shook my head.

"Government's rules, not mine. So don't get angry at me." He said, as I just decided to stay quiet.

"I'm not angry. I'm happy I'm not being drugged for something stupid again." I said under my breath, as he continued to drive.

Eventually, we made it to the airport. Since he had the back access, he drove to the plane area from the back. We got out his sports car, and showed his tag to the woman, and she led us to the private plane.

I looked around, as Robert was greeted by a man in a black and white suit. There were not many of the private planes, but they were in fact nice.

Robert and the man were conversing. I looked back to them when I heard the man whisper 'who's that?' to Robert. He explained who I was to the man, and the man seemed more relaxed about my presence.

After they were done talking, we finally went and boarded the private plane. I leaned over to Robert and asked.

"What was that about?"

"That was technical advisor. He was wondering who you were because he never seen you before."

"What did you tell him?"

"The truth. There's no point in lying." He said, as we entered the plane. The doors closed, and we got ready for take off.

"Ok..." We buckled the seat belts.

"This is the captain speaking, we are taking off in a minute. Please buckle your seat belts, and stay seated until we are officially in the air. Thank you." His voice filled the plane, as I played with my nails.

"We'll be there in no time, relax." He said. I figured he realized I looked tense.

"Yeah, I'll try." I said, a little uneasy.

___________

Part two is coming! Please vote and comment guys :)

-Duckling out ^.^