Chapter 22: 4 Days

Indio's POV

I drove to Kingsley Ave and pulled up to my house. I parked my motorcycle in the two car garage, and walked back outside.

I couldn't do it. I just couldn't see if it was them in that fire. If it was them it was better that I didn't check, because I wouldn't be able to handle any of it.

A part of me feels like I was selfish to flea, but a part of me feel like it had to be done. Everyone's life is on the line.

I stood on the porch, looking out to the street.

"If they're a no show in about a hour, it's all your fault Indie..." I said to myself, sighing. I went inside my house and locked the door.

Red's POV

"How did you not realize this!" I yelled.

"I said I was sorry!" Deborah yelled at me. I looked at the empty room, then went inside to retrieve the handcuffs that were left.

"Now I have to go back to watching my every move again... We both know he won't quit." I said. "And don't forget--" I walked closer to her.

"--whoever's after me, is after you. Don't think you'll be safe in this shit." I threw the handcuffs in her direction. They landed beside her feet.

I went past her towards the hallway, and headed to the living room. I took my phone out, and made a call.

Ring... ring... ring

"Deano." I said.

"Yes boss?"

"I need you to take care of something for me. You know Indio right?"

"Of course boss." He answered.

"Good, I need you to make a hit out on him. I want him gone, you got that?" I said.

"Certainly boss. When do you want it done?"

"Any chance you have, but check his house first. He might be there... Don't let this lead back to me."

"I won't."

"Good, now go and take care of it."

"Ok boss, I'll inform you later." Deano said, and I ended the call. I put my phone down, and I saw Deborah enter the room.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"It was no one." I said, taking a breath. I grabbed her hand, and held it in mine.

"I can tell you're not handling this well, and I just want to apologise for my anger. I'm distraught about this whole thing, and especially about Indio honey." I pulled her close for a hug. The I kissed her forehead.

"I want him to be safe..." I said, and she nodded. The lies I tell...

Indio's POV

45 mins later...

I was sitting in my living room, and I saw bright lights that illuminated my driveway. I opened the curtain a little to see who it was, and it didn't look like the car Robert and Y/N has.

It was a silver SUV, and I immediately closed the curtain.

"Shit..." I said to myself, as I went to my bag that laid on the floor, and grabbed a gun.

I heard a car door close, and I backed away from the front door. I walked back to the hallway, and hid in a closet.

There was someone knocking on my door hard, and I kept my gun close. More knocks sounded, then for about two mins it was dead silent.