Chapter 12: Hacker

I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing on the night stand. Robert was sleeping next to me, and I nudged him lightly so he could wake up.

"Rob... Robert." I said in a soft voice. "It's your phone." He grunted, and opened his eyes. Running a hand through his hair, Robert slowly got out of bed to answer the phone.

"Whoever the hell this is, you better have a damn good reason why you called me at 6 in the morning." He answered, a bit tired and angry.

All of a sudden, I saw his facial expression change. Almost as if he recieved bad news.

He didn't say anything. Robert just listened as he stared at the floor. I sat up in bed, and wondered on what was going on now.

He ended the call, and put the phone down.

"We have to go back to the headquarters. They've found something." He began to put clothes on. "And it's not good."

"Did he tell you the details?"

"He said- the... The system was hacked... and they have all my information now, including private files."

I got out of bed, and began to change.

"They meaning--"

"Yeah, that asshole and his people." Robert nodded.

"Hacked how? The headquarters is ran by the government, something like that couldn't be so easy to hack."

"I don't know but, all I know is that they have all my info. That's all they told me, there could be more that happened. I still don't have the full report." He explained.

"Oh my god, this is crazy..." I said. "Well, can they get them back?"

"What? My files? More then likely, but once it's taken, the reciever can copy them, so it's basically no use now." Robert sighed, looking frantic.

"Well, we have to go right?"

"Yeah, come on."

Time skip...

"--and this was when exactly?" Robert asked, as Jackson, Rob, and I congregated around the computer screen as he showed us the files missing.

"About 32 hours ago, but our tech just noticed it." Jackson said.

"So much for professional, huh?" Robert said, being sarcastic.

"It's not their fault, the hacker made the time delay that's why we couldn't see it exactly at that moment ok. Cut your shit." He looked at Robert.

"I don't fucking understand! This is a government based headquarter, and you can't even keep some damn files under tight lock!" Robert shouted, pointing at the screen.

As he spoke, I began to think that maybe, what if the hack came from a person who works the inside job... because I kinda sense a rat.

Nobody can just have their database hacked so easily without having the 'hookup' so to speak.

"We're trying our best! You 'tight lock' your own fucking files if you think it's so fucking easy!" Jackson shouted back.

"Maybe I will!" Robert responded. I couldn't take this shouting competition, so I interjected.

"Would you two just shut up!" I said, and they both looked at me. "Now... Can we be adults, and think logically." I sighed.

"While you two were shouting, I thought of something that might help or give a idea." I began.

"What if, the hacker was a person who worked here, and hacked the system to give it to Red Bull for a payment. Because really, if you think about it, that person had to have the time and date of when everyone would be off work, and out of the offices, or anything else about this place if they already quit, in order to complete the job. When I look at this computer, I see that it says 'computer 9, room 17' which means that so called hacker had to be in the building."

"Wait, but a hack can happen anywhere. It doesn't matter where the hell you are." Rob said.

"But--" I began.

"She's right... damn she's right." Jackson said. "The database is only set for this building's computers. Access on any other computer would have hundreds of firewalls, it would be impossible."

"Oh shit..." Robert stopped.

"What?" Jackson and I said in unison.

"I think I might know who done it, or who might have even got the thought..."

"Who?" Jackson and I said in unison again, with questioning looks on our faces.

"J, do you remember that guy Quintin?" Robert asked him, as Jackson's eyes grew wide.

________________

I haven't updated in a while, but I hope this was good. Pls vote and comment guys! 😌

-Duckling out ^.^

Oh! Btw, I've decided to show you guys what Jackson looks like.

George Clooney will be playing his character, and as the story goes on, I will introduce more characters and stuff  🤗