Chapter 3: Get In

I walked back to the living room to see Robert still sitting on my couch, looking out the window. He heard me walking towards him, so he turned around.

"This is a really nice place." Robert said, nodding.

"Thanks..." I sat down in the chair across from him.

"I don't mean to be nosey, but how long have you been here... in New York I mean."

"All my life. I was born here, in Manhattan actually."

"Manhattan? I was born there too." He smiled.

"Cool, nice to have a native around." We both chuckled. The rain outside became stronger, and thunder was able to be heard. The lightning cracked down on the city.

"It's pretty rough out there." Robert said. "Thanks again for you picking me up, I don't know how I could repay you."

"You're welcome, and you don't have to repay me. That's what friends are for, right?" I smiled, as he did.

"Yeah, I guess so."

The night went on, as we sat and talked about anything that came to mind. We told each other things as we drank a little wine. Overall the night was actually better then expected.

Nothing serious happened like sex or anything, but the time being there with him in my living room, I felt as though I began to like him. Robert seems like the type of guy for me.

Two weeks later...

"--so then what happened? Did the guy capture the other dude?" I asked Zara who was sitting at the chair in front of my desk, telling me about a movie. Robert was at his desk a few feet over, also listening.

Over the past weeks, Robert and I have became better friends, and honestly I never would've expected that.

"The guys have names you know. But yeah he caught him. Took him in a van, and they never seen him again." Zara explained.

"Jesus, what movie was that?" Robert asked.

"I don't even remember." Zara said, as we laughed.

"Man I wish I would've seen it." I said, as I began to think about what I've been seeing outside my apartment lately. "Speaking of weird vans and crap, there's been this creepy black van that's been parked out in front of my apartment for like a few days now."

I looked at Zara, then at Robert. He looked at me then looked down.

"Are you serious? That's some weird shit." Zara said concerned.

"I know! It's freaking me out, I don't know what to do."

"Call the cops."

"That's the thing Z, I think that is the cops, but I'm not one hundred percent sure." I said to Zara, as Robert remained quiet in his seat.

"What do you think Robert?" I asked, as he quickly looked back at me.

"Uhh, I don't know." He said, shaking his head.

"Ok..." I slowly nodded, and looked back at Zara. "You know what, I'll do something about it today. Let's just get back to work."

"Alright then, good luck I guess. See you when we leave." Zara left the office to go back to her own.

Time passed, and it was now time to leave DW Corp. Now I can go home, and report that damn van. It's really been keeping me up at night.

I walked out to my car, and opened the door, until a car pulled up next to me in the parking lot. I looked over and it was Robert. Someone got their car fixed, I thought

"Hey, get in." He said, as he rolled down the window.

"What?"

"I said, get in. Come on." Robert leaned over, and swung the passenger door open.

"Ugh, why do I have to get in? If you wanted to go on a date you could've just asked me." I huffed, as I hopped in the car, closing the door.

Robert began to drive, he looked a little nervous.

"You said that there was a suspicious black van in front of your apartment right?" He asked. I looked over at him as he drove.

"Yeah, I remember saying that."

"And how long has it been there approximately?"

"A couple of days..." I said.

"Oh god." He placed a hand on his forehead, and continued to drive.

"What? Robert what's going on." I asked.

"Can't say, not right now." He said.

"Not right n-- yes now! I want to know what the hell is happening!" I shouted.

"Please don't shout, you're making this ten times as stressful." I retorted. "And you'll know soon enough, just sit back."

"Oh, I'm making this stressful!? How about you get told to get in a car all of a sudden, and get drove around like a madman while being told to 'sit back'." I said.

Robert drive quickly down the road, as he weaved traffic. I held on to the side of the passengers seat because of the speed he was going.

"I'm going to do something, and please don't get mad at me..." Robert began, as I looked over at him. He picked up a cloth, then suddenly put it in my face. The cloth had a powdery substance on it, that quickly filled my nose. I felt my head get dizzy, and next thing I knew, I blacked out.

__________

Ohh snap! It's getting heated. I hope you guys are liking it so far, and if you are, please vote and comment!

-Duckling out ^.^