Chapter 15: Unknown

Unknown POV

"Did you really have to kill the guy? We were just gettin' used to the bastard." I said, looking at him as we watched the boats settle near the docks.

"I had to. I wanted to get my money back... and plus, he was givin' me a hard time. Everyone knows the rules." He said, lighting a cigarette.

There was a little silence, until I spoke again.

"How many kilos do you think that boat smuggled?"

"Does it matter?" He chuckled. "Learn to be in it for the money my boy."

"Well, money shouldn't be everything... It's about sending a message."

"You're missing the point, that shit goes hand and hand. Money is power. That's the message you send. The greener your pocket, the more the world opens up to you." He looked at me.

"And I plan on continuing this for the rest of my life... I promise you I'll, or even we, will never get caught. Even if they get the slightest assumption, we can pay our way outta it."

The Miami wind blew slightly through my hair.

"It will never be like that... You know what happens to guys like us. There's only two ways out of what we're doing. We die doing this shit, or do it long enough to get ourselves busted. They'll get us eventually..." I shook my head.

He cocked his head to the side and moved closer to me.

"Man, grow some balls, and get your spirits up. Don't even think some dumb shit like that--"

"Dumb? It's the truth! You really think that the government won't bust us out! I bet they'll come knocking on our doors in a fucking day!" I said.

"How old are you?" He asked. I gave a 'what type of question is that' face.

"21, why?" I said.

"You just proved my point. You're a damn kid. Grow some balls, and stop doubting my work and trades." He looked back at the docks, calming down.

"Shut the fuck up." I said.

He quickly took out his gun, and pointed it at my head.

"How about I feed you to my hungry pooches and we'll see if you'll tell me that shit again." He said, not breaking eye contact. I swallowed my spit, in fear for my life.

"But I won't do that... 'cause I like ya kid--" He put his gun away. "Just watch your fucking mouth next time."

I didn't say anything, I just looked away. I saw my mother looking at us from inside the mansion. Her eyes were always the same, pleading. Well, ever since we got here...

Y/N's POV

"What the hell was that?" I asked Robert, as we stood in the bedroom of our suite. We came back from the scene, and the car ride hear was completely silent. But I was silent no more.

"What do you mean?" He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Oh, don't play dumb."

"I'm not."

"Why'd you walk out? Robert all I asked was a simple question... and now your giving me reason to believe your hiding something."

"I'm not hiding anything okay, I just didn't feel like speaking anymore." Robert shrugged.

"Bullshit..." I shook my head. "You-- you know more then any of us. This is something deeper isn't it?" I said.

"Will you stop interrogating me!?" He got in my face.

"All I want is an answer." I said a little softer.

He looked into my eyes, and clenched his jaw.

"No... That's all you'll get from me." He looked away, then left the room. I stood looking in disbelief. I sighed, and decided to take matters into my own hands.

Time skip...

I parked in front of the hq building, and made my way to the entrance. I walked in, and took the elevator upstairs to Jackson's office.

I quickly walked down the hallway towards his office. I saw he was by himself, looking at papers on his desk.  I decided opened the door.

"I need your help." I said, as he looked up at me.

"Y/N, you can't just walk in here and--"

"Are you gonna help me or not? I need  access to the computers here to check the database, and other files." I said.

"For what?" He gave a questioning face.

"More like who, it's for Robert."

"Why?" He waved his hand.

"I'm not giving the reason, until I have proof to my theory just let me check it please, and I'll be gone." I pleaded. Jackson just continued to stare, but I believe he finally came to his conclusion.

"Down the hall, first door to your right..." He said, a little uneasy.

"Oh, thank you so much!" I smiled, and left, closing the door behind me; heading for the computer room.

I opened the door to the room, and immediately went to sit down at a station.

I pulled up the backed up, saved files they retrieved on Robert since the hacking. I decided I was going to look up Red Bull's files after I got what I needed first on Robert. And what I found was just crazy...

"Oh. My. God..." I said, my eyes wide, as I stared at the screen in front of me. "It was deeper than what we were told..."

_______________

Hope this was good! Pls comment guys, I like to read your feedbacks 😇 and don't forget to vote too

-Duckling out ^.^