Chapter 17: Beaten

Y/N's POV

I woke up next to Robert the next morning, with the sheets tangled on my body. I decided to get out of bed to go and clean up before he woke up from his slumber.

As I walked towards the bathroom, Robert's phone was vibrating on the table. I silently walked over to it and seen who was calling. It was Jackson.

I contemplated if I should pick it up, then I finally made my decision.

"Hello?" I answered, walking to the living room.

"It's J, where's Robert?" He said.

"Sleeping."

"Well wake him up, and put him on the phone. I gotta talk to him."

"What makes you think he wanna talk to you? J you basically told him off and openly doubted him in front of half the government staff, and I." I countered.

"Come on, it was like a few people in that damn hallway." He began to sound a little aggravated. "And plus, you checked all his records without his consent, so you're no better."

"It was for my own research--" I rolled my eyes.

"Just put him on the phone." Just sighed. I paused.

"Gimme a minute." I said, walking back to the bedroom. I gently woke Rob up, and handed him the phone.

"Who's that?" Robert whispered to me.

"J, he really needs to speak to you." I whispered back, as he rolled his eyes.

"What is it?" Robert said tiredly in the phone.

Robert's POV

"We need you for task 2." J said.

"Oh wait, I'm sorry. I can't. I could've swore I wasn't in this... You might wanna, you know, leave it to the hands of the police." I cocked my head to the side.

"Look, Robert I'm sorry ok. Stop being so damn petty--"

"Petty!?" I quickly sat up in bed. "Excuse m--"

"You are excused all you want after this is all over Rob. But right now, I'm giving you your second task."

I finally decided to just shut my mouth, and hear what the task was. I sighed, and told him to carry on.

"He's holding a party tonight at the Monte Carlo near West Miami. We need you to go and check the place out. There's speculation that he might actually be there, so if you do see him don't hesitate to do what's need to be done."

"And if there's goons?"

"You know how to get past those assholes right?" J said like it was easy.

"Yeah, I got it." I nodded. "And by the way, tonight is meaning what?"

"Tonight means 9:00, and dress like a million bucks."

"I always do." I smirked, then looked at Y/N. J chuckled.

"You got 10 hours, good luck." J said, then the line went dead. I tossed the phone on the bed, and looked back at Y/N.

"We're in for something big tonight..." I smiled with a devious grin. "Hopefully."

Time skip to night...

Y/N's POV

"Gosh, I'm having deja vu. Feels like the strip club all over again." I said, as Robert and I walked up to the club Monte Carlo arm and arm.

Robert wore a dark blue suit with a white collar, and white tie. Along with matching shoes. I wore a beautiful black dress that accented my cures, and showed off a little leg, along with matching heels.