Chapter 9: For a While

I sat on the living room couch, drinking coffee as I looked upon the calm sea. My finger traced the rim of my cup, after I took a sip.

Why is he doing this to me? He's breaking me down slowly, and can't he see that. This tension is too much to bare. We both knows it's there, but no one will do anything to fix it.

I won't make the first move, and I don't know why. There's something holding me back, but one day I'm just going to say fuck it.

I heard Robert walking through the suite, but I kept my eyes out the window. I noticed he came in the living room, and sat on the couch beside me.

"Good morning..." He said, voice deep and husky from sleep.

"Morning." I looked over. There was a little silence. "Are you alright?" I asked, motioning to his gunshot wound.

"Yeah, a little..." He tried to move his shoulder. "Still hurts like hell though." He chuckled.

"You never really told me how the mission went."

"Well, it actually went better then expected. It's like everything was planned out for me." He shrugged. "The room was already open, the desk was there right when you walked in the door."

"I grabbed all the files needed, but then the sorta hard part came. Some guy from his click or whatever caught me taking the files. A little scuffle went down, and my gun was temporarily out of reach."

"Trading punches yada yada yada, I beat the guy, get my gun back, shoot him in the head. My gun had a silencer, so no one heard me." He waved his hand as he spoke. "So, I try to get away, and more of his workers came. I got shot when I went to shoot the third guy that came around the corner."

"I still shot them dead though, I mean I couldn't have left without their bodies bloody on the floor. And then that's when I, you know, got you and stuff."

I listened then nodded my head.

"Yeah... At least you are still here." I have a light smile. He smiled then looked down.

"Um, we have to go and hand over the files today." He looked back at me.

"Ok, what time we leaving here?"

"Whenever, it doesn't matter. Just have to get them in by today."

"Well, wanna go now? It's noon."

"Sure..." Robert got up, and extended his hand towards me. I placed my cup down, and grabbed his hand. His hand was warm and soft.

He helped me up, and our bodies were close.

"Thanks." I said, walking away to get ready.

Time skip...

I came out the shower about a half an hour later. I had the towel wrapped around my body. Walking out to the bedroom, humming as I went to put on clothes.

No one was in the room, so I dropped my towel, and slid my panties on. I then put on my bra, and picked out clothes to wear.

Just as I was about to change, the door opened and Robert walked in. He looked up at me.

"Holy oh my--shitshitshit--" Robert said with wide eyes. I tried to cover myself. He quickly walked back out, closing the door.

"What the hell! Don't you knock!?" I said, frustrated.

"I-- I um-- I thought you were still in the bathroom!" He said from behind the door. I could tell he felt embarrassed.

"Ugh..." I sighed, and quickly put clothes on. "You can come in now." I said.