Kiss or Kill Me? II|Man

Chapter Three - Man

Tomorrow was finally the festival.
has been in a rush to finish the remaining tasks and others checked the props. We had to say until night to perfect our play and it's so tiring but I couldn't say anything when I see everyone's efforts.

"Why do I have to wear this?" I turn to find the voice  as I burst out laughing to tears when I see Diaz wearing the Belle gown. He had extensions and make-up on his face. I went closer and grinned. "You're so pretty, Diaz."

"Shut up tomboy," he hiss and clutch on the gown. "--this is humiliating."

"But look at it this way, everyone will make fun of you, you're gonna make people happy," I giggled and he pokes my chest. "You surely look good on that Beast costume. It's because you have no womanly appeal whatsoever."

"Now, now. Let's all begin from the start," Holly calls out our attention and we go closer to her whilst I kept nudging Diaz on the shoulder playfully.

. . .

"Good job, everyone!" Holly cheered as everyone nodded. "--since it's this late, it's time to call it a day."

I packed up my things, making sure that I don't forget anything. I took one last glance at our classroom with the props in view. Everyone really worked hard. I may be nervous but I have to also do my part so that everyone won't be in vain.

I'll be the best beast theyll ever see! I was cut off from my delusions when I feel a bag nudge me from the side. I glanced at Diaz. "What do you want shrimp?"

"Can you stop day-dreaming and just head home?" he furrows his brows at me.

"What's your problem?" I crossed my arms and gave him a glare. He should mind his own business. "--I can head home whenever I can."

"Oh, really?" he gives me a sly smirk and it doesn't look good. He turns his back from me and says in a malicious tone. "I heard there were creeps hanging around late at night. I suggest you should watch, Butterfly."

"But consider yourself lucky," he adds. "--they might not consider you a woman, let alone have any intention harass you."

I clutch on his blazer. "S-stop joking!"

"I wasn't," he says and starts to walk away as I clutch on his blazer while we walk towards the school gate. "Why are you holding onto me like a sloth?"

"Because you scared me!" I hiss at him as I tighten my hold on me. He chuckles. "You should be able to protect me. You're taller than me and look more manly than I do yet you're relying on this shortie."

"Shut up!" I murmured. "--you're a guy, aren't you? That still counts."

We started walking along the quiet deserted road as I held tighter on Diaz whilst I was getting paranoid. I hear a rustle on the leaves and squeal. "What's your problem?" he hiss at me but I look at him tear-eyed. "T-this is your fault."

He doesn't say anything and while we were almost at our direction, a man with unshaven beard, bulging eyes, torn clothes and perverted smile goes  close to us. I burried my face under Diaz's arm as I shook up. "What are you two doing here late at night? Were you perhaps doing something..dirty?"

"That girl sure is pretty, you got fine taste, lad," the perverted man goes closer and closer and I start to shake up in fear. I hear Marco mutter. "Hold my hand. In the count of three we'll run."

"One," I hold his hand, shaking.

"Two," he counts and "three," we started dashing as the perverted man also starts to chase us and I squeal as I hold Diaz's hand tighter. "I don't wanna be raped!"

"Then run as fast as you can," he says as we dashed for our lives and I look back to see the perverted man dropping his pants and gave me a shivering grin. I closed my eyes and prayed that I can survive this.

We stopped in front of the convenience store as there were more people there and I let go of his hand, both of us were panting to our breath. "I can't believe that happened," Diaz says in breath and I look at him with tears streaming down my eyes. "Why are you crying?!"

"I was scared, you imbecile!" I sniff as I try to wipe my tears. "I could've been kidnapped or molested back there."

"But you survived it didn't you?" he says to me and I nod. "I should take you home," he muttered once he regained  his composure.

"I guess," I say weakened as we started walking again towards my house with my hand held on his. I never thought Diaz could be..so masculine. I could never imagine if I was all alone and that weirdo came out.

Even though he's short, he still has hands of a guy, rough and firm. "Thank you."

He turns to look at me. "That was nothing."

We finally arrived in front of my house and I let go of Diaz's hand as I faced him. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"I guess," he looks away. I faintly grin. "Make sure not to mess up tomorrow's performance, Diaz."

"Like I would," he grunts at me and waved a hand as he walks to his destination. I stared at his figure before it disappeared and I felt a hand clasp on my shoulder.

"Was that your boyfriend?" my father says in a chilling tone. I immediately shouted. "No!"

April 9,2020