Book III| Chapter Fourty-One

Chapter Fourty-One : Date

Countdown : 15 chapters left!🍒

     Do I look... alright?

    I stare at the mirror, my face reflecting on the glossy stained glass, trailing my eyes from head to toe with a slight frown on my face.

      My fingers were sweaty and I couldn't keep myself toned down. I mean I know Tom doesn't harbor any feelings for me and nor do I, but this would be my first official date with someone.

      I want to look good okay? I can't go out them wearing just some pants and t-shirt. It's rude and so unfeminine---not like I'm any of those.

     I sigh, giving myself one final unsure glance before heading towards the door with my heart raising in different reasons.

. . .

    "I see you've bothered to dress up," he eyed me head to toe with an unknown expression, as if evaluating my sense of style.

      "That's rude, you know?" I lightly teased him, nudging his sides. "---I'm still a girl if you've forgotten that."

    "Huh? Why would I ever forget that?" he looks at me weirdly.

       I sigh, clutching on the straps of my bag tightly. "Because.... I've never been looked as a girl. So I thought you'd think the same way."

      "Well I see you as one. So don't worry about it," he flashes me a slight smile then places his hands on my back and ushered me to start walking.

      "Heh Tom. You can stop with your cassanova act," I joked, grinning. "---I know your true colours anyway, so there's no need to be formal."

     "Still," he scowls at me, then sighs as he removes the hand on my back. "---this is a date okay? At least I'll make it memorable whether I like it or not."

     "You're such a ladies man," I chuckled.

    "It's all in the act," he winks, one he does when he pretends to be the sweet, gentleman guy when in fact he's the opposite. It's so convincing it's quite scary.

   Who knew a good looking guy like Tom would be an actual manipulative two-faced person. Reminds me of someone...

    "Speaking of which," I trailed off, staring ahead of me with people passing by and different stores in view. "--did you ever got back the blackmail material Janna had on you?"

     "I wouldn't be here if I had it, wouldn't I?" he emphasizes, a scowl etched on his lips. "---that girl is one crazy woman. How the hell did you manage to be friends with her anyway? I swear she almost knows all secrets."

     "I'm surprised too," I blurted. "---I never thought she had a side like that. But I'll just make a reminder and make sure I don't become her enemy."

     "So where do you want to go?" he halts in his tracks and I stopped, eyeing him against the glaring beam of the sun.

      I squinted my eyes, making out his face against the scorching glint. "I'd like to go on a karaoke if that is fine."

      "Well I'm a pretty sure I'm a good singer," he brags. "---so that's fine with me."

. . .

      "To be honest, the last time I went on a karaoke didn't end well," I chuckled nervously, scratching the nape of my neck while Tom positioned himself comfortably on the couch opposite to mine.