Kill or Kiss Me?! II|Is This Normal?

Chapter Thirty-Three
Is This Normal?

(Star)

       I spent that entire night crying. I knew that he would reject me. I wasn't that stupid to not notice....but it still hurts.

      Saying to your face that he doesn't see me as a girl, as a girlfriend or someone he could be romantically involved with. It hurt and it just keeps aching.

      Take a deep breath, Star. I said to myself as I stood in front of the classroom. The doors looked bigger and threatening. It's towering me.

        My fingers trembled as I reluctantly twisted the knob of the door open, my heart frantically raising as I tried to put up a forced smile. Act normal. Act like usual.

       My eyes roamed immediately for the midget and he was there, staring at my desk with a troubled look on his face.

    He's probably also thinking about how to be with me. It's awkward and my heart aches by just the sight of him. I shake my head, trying to maintain my smile.

It's not just me having a hard time. Marco is too. So I have to pretend like I'm fine, that nothing ever happened between us because I don't know what to do.

   I don't want to ruin my friendship with him because I confessed to him. I don't want him to be wary and cautious around me.

     At least, I still want to be by his friend. Even as a friend, even as his comedy duo. I would do that..if it meant bringing us back to normal.

     The steps I took felt so heavy. My heart was pounding fast and my fists were clenched. It's like a wall has separated me and him. It's scary and sad. But I wasn't going to just give in.

      My breaths were becoming shallow and I was panting when I stood in front of him. Seeing his hazel eyes, pursed lips and his mob of chocolate hair was enough to make my cheeks turn red.

      I take one long deep breath and.  . . "What the hell are you doing, you stupid fry?!" I smacked his head from behind, making him bow down.

     I forced a grin, my hand still tingle from his touch. He looks up and stares at me with a puzzled look. "Star..wh---"

            "Ugh, you look so darn ugly with that look Diaz," I teased, nudging him by the shoulders whilst he still looked confused. "--you're looking like Fungus from Barbie!"

      "Star are y---"

    "You know I watch K-Drama right?" I asked. Change the subject. Don't let him ask. Be random. "-there's this hot guy and I swear I cried when he died!"

   "I'm stupid, aren't I?" I chuckled, pointing at my swollen eyes. "-I'm crying over fictional characters. But it's so good I just can't stop!"

      "Calm dow---"

   "So what have you been doing during break, Diaz?" I put up a smile. "--I swear...have you been trying how to be tall again? Sorry, but you're never going to grow an inch."

        "Well I was---"

    "Star!" he screeched at me.