Book III|Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One : Love Is In The Air

  Marco

  "What can I just say? I'm a diva," Star flashes me a smile and I snort, looking away and back to the putrid poster that reminded of every cliché romance troupe to ever happen in that single movie.

    I sigh, shoving my hands under my pocket. "Fine. Let's go. I just want to get this over with."

      She smiles at me in joy and even adds a random tune while we started walking towards the ticket counter. I rummaged for my pocket and grabbed my wallet. Having a girlfriend sure needs so much maintenance.

       I started walking and Star follows, a bit too enthusiastic for my own good.

We finally arrived in front of the counter and the lady in charge who looks almost the same age as us looks at me then to Star and flashes a smile. “It’s nice to see siblings bonding over chick flicks. That’s so wholesome.”

My eyes twitch in exasperation. Siblings? To this sea urchin? As if. I scoffed, slipping in the bills on the counter. “Yea, well my sister here is rather persistent. It’s all about brothers like me getting the end of the stick.”

  “But still you love your sister, don’t you?” she cooed, handing me the two tickets and a spare changes.

I smirk, grabbing them to a fist and shoved it under the pockets of my jeans. “Sure, I love my sister alright---romantically, that is.”

Then the look of the cashier’s face was priceless whilst I took that chance to grab Star’s hand who was drowning in her own imagination. Such a simpleton.

Star blinks, then looks at me as we passed through the registry and unto the doors. “What were you talking about?”

   I shrug. “Nothing really.”

She purses her lips, mustering a glare. I sigh, opening the door for the venue of the movie, then paused. “Nothing biggie really. I mean I told the cashier  we were siblings, nothing big.”

“Why’d you tell her that?” she tilts her head, looking at me for answers and I don’t respond, instead stepped in the stairs and searched for some vacant seats.

Geez, majority of people here are women—and couples. That’s a given.

Star still continues to poke the sleeves of my jacket, infuriating me bit by bit.

“Can you stop that?” I grumble in annoyance, removing my hands from her and took a seat to the far back.

She frowns, her eyebrows crossed. “You’re such a twit, Diaz.”

Then she huffs, looking away from me with arms crossed. I roll my eyes, straining to big screen, running my hand through my tangled strands of hair.

“Fine. She assumed we were siblings so I went along with it.”

“You could’ve told her we weren’t,” she says in a mumble, her eyes still squinted.

“Well I did, happy?”

She opens her mouth to try and reply, but on cue the screen flashes and started previewing countless of trailers before finally starting the movie. I lay back and stare at the screen with distaste.

This is surely going to be a fun movie.

. . .

Mid into the movie, I stifled a yawn, my eyes glancing to find Star with tears streaming on her eyes.