Book III| Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine : The Obstacle

(Short chapter)

Recap : Tom kisses Star, Marco gets jealous. Marco confesses that he likes Star but is not enough to want her affection or touch her. Marco and Star realizes that them being enemies was just miscommunication and they end on good terms.

1 month later

  "Hey Star! Do you notice anything?" Marco looks at me smugly, as if I was supposed to notice something straight away.

     I scrunched my brows as I squint my eyes, trying to make sense of what he meant. I mean I stared at every nook and cranny that I could yet I don't seem to notice anything.  "Uhm, new haircut?"

     He huffs, rolling his eyes at me. Geez. Can't he just enlighten me instead of beating around the bush? "Idiot! Look a little closer!"

    I frowned, knitting my brows at him. "I looked didn't I?! What the hell? Do you expect me to get your message like some telepathy?"

      Marco clicks his tongue, looking at me in pure disappointment. Hey midget. Don't you dare look down on me. We both failed the exam you runt. "I thought you knew me better...especially when you like me so much."

    "Ack!" my cheeks turned red once he said that especially without any hesitation. That really took me by surprise. "---don't speak of my feelings lightly you schmuck!"

     He sighs, rubbing the space in between his eyes and looks at me. "I grew by a  centimeter, okay?"

     I looked at him like he was crazy. "How the hell was I supposed to know that?"

     "If you like me so much how come you haven't noticed it!" he screeches and by then some people stopped and stared at us like some sit-com. "---shouldn't you notice that?"

    "Geez, you're such an egotistical brat!" I jabbed a finger to his chest. "--you should grow taller first than your ego!"

      "Shut up giant!"

    "No you shut up mongrel!"

    "You're at it again lovebirds?" Janna appears like she came from thin-air, a smile spreads on her lips.

      We both looked at Janna and screamed. "WE ARE NOT SOME LOVEBIRDS!"

     Then I faced Marco with a revolted look. "Stop copying what I say dwarf!"

    "Me? Aren't you the one trying
to mimic me? For all I know, you're doing it to garner my attention!"

    "I get it. I'm so good-looking even you can't resist me."

     "Please shut him up!" I yelled, glancing at Janna for assistance but she just shrugs and enjoys the scene like some spectator. What a good friend, isn't she?

    "Star!"

    Just his mere voice was enough for Marco's face to turn sour, then turned towards the front door with a revolted look.  "Why the hell is that ass face here again?!"

    "Shut up shortie," Tom glares at Marco and Marco returns the favour, both glaring at each other all the while squeals erupted in the room.

       I swear, girls and their hormones. Tom nudges passed by Marco and towards me with a smile. "Morning, Star."

      It's been maybe almost a month since Tom kissed me. I also knew that this was all Janna's evil scheme. But I don't need Tom to pretend that he likes me. I can manage by my own.