RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF A MUSLIM

Abu hurairah(R) reported that the prophet (saw) said:"A Muslim has six rights over another Muslim.someone said,"what are they,o messenger of Allah?" He said,"when you meet him greet him with salaam,when he invites you accept his invitation,when he seeks your advice offer him good advice,when he sneezes and praises Allah reply with a dua for Allah's mercy,when he becomes sick visit him and when he dies join his funeral procession.(Muslim)

We learn from this hadith:
A Muslim has six rights over his Muslim brother.every right has a corresponding duty.
Muslims must recognize these six rights and perform their duties accordingly.
1)when a Muslim meets a Muslim he should greet him with:
As-salami 'alaikum",and if "wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh"is added,it earns more reward.the one greeted should respond:"wa alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh."salam creates mutual love and respect.
2)extending an invitation and accepting it creates good relationships.
3)giving advice to a Muslim brother or anyone else is a human obligation.
4)when a Muslim sneezes,he should praise Allah by saying:"alhamdulilah."when hearing this,the other Muslim should respond:"yarhamukumullah."then the sneezing person should say:"yahidikum allahu wa yaslahu balakum."
5)visiting a sick Muslim is the duty of other Muslims.
6)the rights of a Muslim do not cease even after his death.participation in a Muslim's funeral is an Islamic duty as well.

Dear brothers and sisters,Islamic society is based on positive values like brotherhood,cooperation and understanding.Muslims must put these values into practice in their community.