Falling Slowly

Paul didn't question me the rest of the night, I fell asleep fast and before I knew it, we had to be awake. I sat down to a quick breakie in the hotel with Paul, John, George and Ringo. I felt immensely better than I had the night before just laughing with the four of them. I'd never imagined in all my life I would be sitting with them as a friend. Each of them were so different. John, always witty, sarcastic and sometimes caustic, deep down you could tell he really cared about the others. George, much more quiet, but had his own sharp tongue when given the chance. Ringo, always had a joke to share, he always made sure I was included in the conversation. And Paul, who I thought was a bit standoffish at first, was incredibly sweet. His sense of humour was similar to John's only a bit more subdued. He and John were hilarious together, John coming up with ways to mix things up and Paul egging him on.

We arrived on set around 9. Mandy, was the first to greet me. She said nothing but grinned from ear to ear, I rolled my eyes and headed into makeup with her. We sat and joked as we got ready for the day. My mood being lifted quite a bit. Filming that morning rushed by, we had a grand time and I was feeling on top of the world. However, things would change in the afternoon. We switched to a different scene, it would be set in a restaurant of sorts...it was a bizarre dream sequence, apparently a dream John had, something about Jessie and Spaghetti. At first it all seemed silly, then we were told our costumes. I was at what was referred to as "the knickers table". Which just as it sounds, we were only going to be wearing our knickers. I started panicking as we made our way back to the dressing rooms, Mandy was chatting with another actress named Maggie.

I pulled her aside "Mandy, I don't think I can do this" I confessed.

"Tilly luv, what do ya' mean? It'll be alright, you're a fit little thing" she laughed.

"It has nothing to do with the shape I'm in" I said. The only thing I could do was show her, I un-tucked the blouse I was wearing so she could see. Mandy gasped.

"Tilly! What happened?" she asked worriedly, I instantly hushed her.

"It's a long story..." I said trying to conceal the scar again "I don't want anyone to see it"

"Lovey, we'll be sitting down at a table. You'll be alright, ok?" Mandy tried assuring me.

I didn't want to be the actress who expected special treatment (even if I was able to have it at that point), most of all I didn't want him to know.

So, I thought on the simple words "be strong". I put on the best face I could, and was in my knickers moments later.

Soon after, I was at a table with a few other actors and the Beatles roadie Mal. I was extremely scared, however I tried my hardest not to look it. It was a fairly easy scene, we ate during most of it, walked on tables the rest. I have to admit, it was probably the most bizarre scene we'd filmed yet!

A break was eventually called, and sure enough Paul found me. I was still down to my knickers and immediately had my arms crossed over my stomach trying to conceal the scar. He had a sly grin which I couldn't help but smile at.

"I told you I would see more of ya' today" he said putting his arms around me. I put my arms around him instinctively, the feel of his hand on my skin was electric.

"Yeah, you just didn't tell me it'd be in front of the entire cast!" I laughed.

"Well, then we could make it a more private affair....tonight" he whispered.

"Tenacious aren't you?" I laughed.

"You've no idea luv" he smiled before kissing me

"Can't ya' keep your hands off her for 5 minutes?" a familiar voice sounded. I tried finding something to cover up with, to no avail.