Chapter 2 - Don't talk to strangers

Vanessa's POV

"Come on Ness. Can I just bring her?" Ashley asked with puppy eyes. "You know that your puppy eyes are not working." I complimented. "I know but please.....come on. It's just a trip. Let your daughter experience what it's like to be in showbiz." Ashley continued. I got annoyed and gave up by the fact that Ashley would never give up until I will let Valerie to go with her. I sighed, "Fine." Then she jumped with happiness. "Can I bring her by tomorrow?" Ashley asked. "Tomorrow?! But-" I was interrupted again by Ashley's puppy eyes. "FINE." I replied even though I have a great disagreement deep inside. "Yay! You better have to get her ready before 8." She informed before going outside. "Okay." I sighed.

***************************************************************************************************************

I woke up at 7 in the morning. Luckily it was one hour earlier than the set time plus Valerie still asleep. I lazily got up and started fixing my bed and dried my hair. I went downstairs to prepare my breakfast and so as Valerie's outfit and her things. After I've done my work, I went back upstairs to wake up Valerie. I really feel bad for waking her up, thanks to her aunt. "Mommy. I'm sleepy." She groaned. "Come on. Auntie Ashley's going to pick you up because she's going to bring you on a trip." I explained to her and she immediately jumped off her bed. "Yay!! But where?" She asked. "You're going to Hollywood and stay there for a few days." I told her and she continued jumping. "Okay come down little monkey. Auntie Ashley's going be here in a few minutes!" I jokingly told her. "Okey dokey." Then she got off her bed and immediately went downstairs.

After Valerie was done eating her breakfast, I immediately brought her to the bathroom to take a bath. After taking a bath, I dressed her up with the outfit I chose. While dressing her up, I told her about what to get rid of. Especially the fact that Ashley's a celebrity and maybe, Valerie can encounter Zac anytime. "Honey listen to me okay?" And she nodded 'yes'. "Don't talk to estrangers. Not a single one. Except for auntie Ashley and uncle Christopher. Okay?" And she nodded 'yes'. "If someone asks you who's your mother or what's my name, answer that my name is Anne okay?" And she again nodded 'yes'. "Good girl." Then we heard a horn of the car. I peeked through the window and saw that Ashley's already here. "Come on." I carried Valerie and brought her to Ashley's car.

"Hey sweetie." Ashley smiled at Valerie. "Good luck on the trip." I gave off a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. I won't introduce her to Mr. Brunette." She smirked. I know to whom she's referring to. It's Zac. "I know. I trust you." I told Ashley. "I know you will bye Ness!" She said before driving off. Now here I am. All alone without my little girl. Sigh.

~At Hollywood~

Ashley's POV

"Wow!" Valerie exclaimed. "You like it so far sweetheart?" I asked Valerie who was pointing at the tall buildings of Hollywood. "Yes!" She exclaimed with all happiness. After a long drive from Santa Clarita, we finally arrived at the studio where I'm shooting my new movie. "Come her sweetie." I told her and she came down from the car running up to me. I carried her until the entrance. "Your daughter miss?" The security guard asked. "No. Niece. A daughter of a friend of mine."I explained and he nodded. I entered the hall still carrying her. Until we finally reached the studio.

I'm starring on this new movie which is to be directed by a friend of mine named Antonio. I didn't tell that Zac's going to play my love interest because I know that she will forbid me from bringing Valerie here. But as a friend, I won't tell Zac about her and that Valerie's his daughter.

Valerie examined the whole place and her face was 'O'. If you know what I mean. "Hey Ash!" I turned around to see Zac. "Hey!" I smiled. "Whose daughter is this?" He asked. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. "Anne." I replied. "Oh. She.....kind of looks similar to me." He commented. "I know right. Awkward." Then I went to the other side where I can less interact with Zac. "Auntie, who was that?" Valerie asked. "A friend of mine." I answered and she nodded.

Zac's POV

~flashback~

It was a rainy night with the thunder shouting. The rain was really hard.

"Ness I'm sorry! I know I made a mistake!"

"It was more than just a mistake! You slept with her!"

"I know! I admit it! Come on! Just give me a chance!"

"No! I'm leaving you Zac! I would never raise my child with you as the father."

~End of flashback~

"Hi." I heard a soft voice. I turned around to see the little girl whom Ashley brought. She's too cute to be honest. "Umm...hey. Where's your Auntie Ashley?" I asked and she pointed to Ashley who was preparing to do her shoot. "Oh." It was all I could say. Then I went back to my work which is to prepare myself for my part. "Are you Auntie Ashley's friend?" She asked. "Uhh....yes. Why?" I replied. "She never told me about you." She replied. What? "Never ever?" I asked. "Nope." She nodded her head 'no'.

Just then Ashley came. "Hey sweetie what are you doing?" She asked. "I was talking to him." The little girl pointed at me. "Oh. Be careful with whom you're talking to okay?" She told her. "Uhh Zac? Can you look after her for a while?" Ashley asked. "Uhh sure." I mumbled. "Thanks." She said before going off. "Come." I carried her to my dressing room. "So this is my dressing room." She looked around before saying something. "It's cool!" She exclaimed making me smile. "Thanks." I smiled at her. Something about this little girl strucks me. Now that I'm with her, I kind of feel a little bit protective and I feel like I have a connection.

"You stay there okay?" I told her while pointing at the carpet where there are some toys. So that I won't be bored I decided to text some of my friends. Including Vanessa. It's been almost 3 years and I still haven't heard from her.

To Vanessa:
I know it's been almost 3 years but I just wanted to say that I missed you. Ever since we broke up, I can't stop thinking about you. Just please. Give me a second chance to do it all over again. I promise it will be a better one. I love you with all my heart.
Sincerely, Zac. Xx

A tear dropped from my face. Just then I realized, I was already crying. And I just couldn't stop.

"Are you okay?" The little girl asked. I quickly wiped my tears, "No I'm fine." I lied. "I can help you." She said making me turn around. "Sorry kid." I apologized. "Valerie." She introduced herself to me. "Hi Valerie." I smiled at her and she smiled back. Just then she yawned. "You must be sleepy." I commented. "Yes." She smiled shyly. I chuckled then she lied down in my lap. "Can you tell me a story?" She asked. "But uhh....I'm not much of a storyteller though. I don't really read books." I explained shyly. "Please." She said with puppy eyes. I sighed, "Fine."

She lied down in my lap preparing herself to go to sleep as well as to listen to my story.

"More than 10 years ago, I met a girl who has perfect brown eyes and incredibly perfect black hair. She was the best one yet. She was there through every circumstances I faced. She comforted me by her hugs and smiles. But then it all ended unexpectedly. Everything was gone. My world was gone. I didn't blame her. It was me."

Tears were already falling down quicker. I looked down to see Valerie already sleeping. I smiled to see the sight then I kissed her on her forehead. Just then, the door suddenly opened. I looked up to see Ashley. "Hi Ash." I smiled. "Hey. How did you put her to sleep?" She asked. "I just told her a story." I explained and she nodded.

Ashley's POV

When I arrived at Zac's dressing room, I couldn't help but smile at my sight. Valerie was sleeping soundly at Zac's lap. They look so cute together. "So uhh....I was wondering if you could look after her for a while because.....you know....my shoot will kind of take a long time. "Sure." Zac smiled. Then I left them alone in the room.

I know I promised Vanessa not to let Zac know, but I guess it's time already. I know that Zac may have made a mistake, but that doesn't mean he's no longer the father of Valerie. No matter what happens, he will always be her father and no one can break it. The reason why I left them alone it's because I want the father and daughter to spend some time together.

***************************************************************************************************************