Chapter 8 - problems

Valerie's POV

"Dylan." He introduced himself. "How about you? What's your name?" He asked. "Valerie." I answered. I got up and started to walk to my house. "You know you can't just skip school." He told me and I snubbed. "Yeah as if you knew what happened." I shrugged. "Well I would know what happened if you would just tell me." He replied. "I'm bullied and that's it." I replied before running away from that guy named Dylan. While I was running, it started to downpour. I kind of wonder why it would rain early in the morning. Anyways, despite getting wet, I continued to walk. To be honest, it was kind of freezing as hell even though it was just raining.

"Need a ride?"

"You again?" I complained. "Like seriously, why do you keep on following me?" Dylan simply laughed. "Because I just want to. Why? Is it not bad?" He laughed. "Fine." I got annoyed and that's why, I ended up getting a ride. "Welcome." He smiled but I look away and then he started driving. "Why so sour?" He asked. I got annoyed, "Just drive me to my house please!" I complained. "How will I drive you to your house when I don't even know your address." He laughed. "Just go straight." I replied. After a long wait, we finally arrived at my home. AT LAST.

I quickly opened the car door and slammed it shut. "No thank you?" He gave off his puppy eyes which made me annoyed. "Thank you. Happy?" I replied and he nodded and then he went away. I sighed of relief before getting my keys and then opening the door.

"Mum? I'm home early!" I put my bag down and took off my socks, shoes and jacket before making my way to the bathroom so I can take a quick bath.

Vanessa's POV

"Please Mr. Hudson just give me a chance! I can do this thing all over." I was already on my knees trying to please my stupid boss, Mr. Hudson. "I've already given you a chance miss Hudgens." He replied. "Please-"

"You're fired!" My jaw dropped as soon as he finished his sentence. "Please." I tried my best so he can give me another chance. "You're fired miss Hudgens." He cleared. A tear escaped from my eyes. I didn't know what to do. I don't know what to tell Valerie about this. If her batch mates will find out about this, she will get bullied even more. I quickly packed up my things and put them in a box before storming off. When I got out of the building, I realized that it was quite raining hard. The worst part is that I didn't bring any umbrella or jacket which made the situation worse. I stopped by a bus stop to wait for a bus. The fact that there were no busses that came made the situation even worse. I have no choice but to walk in the rain.

I still can't believe that I've been fired. Here I am. A single mother. With no money. All one in a country in which she doesn't belong.

While I was walking, I accidentally bumped to a person causing my things to fall. "Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No it's okay. It's fine." The person replied and then I started picking up the papers that were scattered around.

"Vanessa?" I look up as soon as the guy said my name. I realized that this guy was the person whom I did not expect to see.

***************************************************************************************************************

Cliff hanger!!