Chapter 24 - Baby number two

[a/n: sorry for the time jump]

~1 year later~

Zac's POV

It's been a year now since Halston and I broke up. I'm happy to be honest. But still, I'm keeping an eye on her. Not really follow her everywhere but on her news and stuff.

I miss Hollywood so much. But anyways, I signed a contract with this new British model and acting agency. I'm going to be starring on the 5th season of this British show called Not Going Out. Especial thanks to a good friend of mine, Mr. Lee Mack.

Today, I'm going to assist Vanessa in looking for a job while Valerie will stay at home with Holly for you know.....Valerie's homeschooled and stuff. Luckily, Holly is a trusted girl. She promised that she'll keep an eye if ever Halston will apear out of the blue. It's almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon already and we still can't find a good agency for Vanessa. "Zac. I'm getting tired." Vanessa said. "It's okay. We can look for another one tomorrow." I told her and she looked at me with pitiful eyes. "Hey don't worry. I'm a millionaire okay? I can buy you a mansion or whatever you want." She laughed at my statement.

"No Zac. It would be quite mean if you're the only one working for the three of us. I mean....I understand that you're rich but I don't want the public or anybody else to think that I'm just using you." Vanessa said and I sighed. "The public has nothing to do with yourself. What I'm saying is that if you don't have a job, then so be it." I told her and then the car was then filled with silence.

But not until when Vanessa's phone started to vibrate signaling that someone's calling. Vanessa answered it and within a few seconds, her face became happy.

"Who is it?" I asked. Vanessa smiled, "I got hired." She replied with a smile. "Wow. That's great!!" I exclaimed. "Who?"

"Landscape design."

"Oh wow!! Congratulations babe!!" I smiled at her and then she gave me a kiss. This is one of the main reasons why I love her.

"Zac.....about the baby number two thing. Do you really want it?" She asked in a soft tone.

"If it'll happen. Why?"

Vanessa sighed, "I skipped a period." I almost wanted to vomit. "Really?" I asked her and she nodded. "My period was suppose to be about 2 weeks ago." She stated. I'm not mad to be honest. "We'll go to the doctor now." I told her and she nodded. "Zac what if I'm pregnant." Her tone was kind of sad. I don't know why. Of course, if you're having a baby at the right age, of course you'll be happy. "Then we'll have a celebration. Of course we'll be happy." I said to her but still, she's sad.

"Would you mind telling me what's wrong?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I didn't want to tell you."

"What?"

"Ever since I got pregnant with Valerie, the doctors told me that I have a small uterus. They also said that it's not big enough to carry the baby but still....I was determined to keep Valerie. That's why Valerie was born as a premature baby at 7 months." Vanessa explained. "7 months?!" I asked in shock. "I forgot to tell you that.....Valerie has only one lung working." My jaw dropped when Vanessa said about Valerie's lung complications. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her and she gave no answer. "Does that explain Valerie not being able to hold her breath in a very long time?" I asked her and she nodded yes. "That's why I'm scared Zac." Then Vanessa started crying.

"It's okay. Don't cry. I'm here okay? I promise that I'll be here no matter what." I told Vanessa.

After a few minutes later, we finally arrived at the doctor. Vanessa nervously held my hands as we walk in the hall.

"Uhh....we're for some pregnancy test." I spoke to the lady at the counter. When she looked at me, her eyes grew wide and I could see that she was fangirling inside. "You're Zac Efron right?" She asked with a fangirling tone. "Yes I am." I replied awkwardly. "And you're Vanessa Hudgens?" She looked at Vanessa. "Yeah." Vanessa replied awkwardly.

"Oh my goodness-"

"Shhh.Try to act as if we're normal persons okay?" I told her and she immediately calmed down. "The pregnancy test is this way." She said while pointing to a room. I love the fact that she suddenly changed the topic.

~1 hour later~

"Ms. Hudgens?" Vanessa and I immediately stood up. "The result is....." My heart started to beat fast. "It says that you're pregnant. Congratulations!" The doctor said with a smile and Vanessa and I looked at each other and then we hugged. "Congratulations guys. Come back next month for your next appointment." The doctor told us and we nodded.

While in the car, Vanessa and I could stop talking about how excited we are for baby number two.

Until we finally arrived. When I got in our house. I saw a person whom I never expected to see.

Halston.

[a/n: Hi!! Find out what'll happen. Anyways, I just made up the landscape design thingy. I don't know if it exists. Anyways, have a nice day!!]