Chapter 48 - goodbye

Zac's POV

Today is the day in which Vanessa and the kids will already leave. I decided to go to Ashley's house to at least say goodbye to them.

I rang the doorbell and Ashley opened the door.

"Zac?" She looked at me in a questioned face. "Is Vanessa there?"

"Yeah why?"

I took a deep breath, "Umm...can you just tell the children that uhh....I love them with all my heart and goodbye." I was teary eyed but luckily, they didn't fall. "That's all." Then I walked away.

"Dad!!" I turn around and seen Valerie running towards me.

She hugged me as tight as she could, "I'll miss you dad."

That was when I couldn't help it anymore. I cried. "I'll miss you too."

Then Valerie gave me her bracelet which Vanessa bought for her, "Keep it." She smiled before walking away.

Seeing her go really is the most painful thing I've ever saw.

****

I arrived at Holly's hotel and I didn't even bothered to greet her.

"So....how did it go?" She asked. I dropped the car keys on the table and made myself comfortable in the couch.

"Vanessa's leaving today."

"With the kids?!"

"Yeah."

Then she nodded. "I'm sorry Zac. I just ruined everything for you."

Then she got up and grabbed the car keys. I stood up, "Where are you going?" I asked her.

"To Vanessa." What?!

"Holly no!!" But then she slammed the door shut.

Damn it!

Vanessa's POV

I was preparing our things. When Valerie came.

"Mum are you serious about this?" She asked me and I looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"Leaving daddy."

"Yes."

"Oh." Her voice was low. Then she went outside.

"Ness?" Ashley suddenly came in. "What?"

"Someone's looking for you." She said.

I got up and followed Ashley.

"What the heck are you doing here?" It's the one and only, Holly.

"I'm here to talk to you." Her voice was calm and flat. I closed the door so we could talk just the two of us.

"What do you want?" I glared at her.

"Look....it wasn't Zac's fault okay? It was me. You should blame me not him. Besides, no matter how hard or how long you try to hide his kids away from him, he will always be their father and his blood runs in theirs. Look Ness. Give Zac another chance! Just one last! For the sake of your children." She told me.

She sounds convincing.

"I can't. Bye Holly." Then I slammed the door shut. Why would I trust her?

Zac's POV

Here I am. Nervous as hell. Vanessa and Holly could be fighting right now.

Then the door opened and Holly came.

"How did it go?" I asked her.

She sighed, "I tried to explain to her that....it wasn't your fault. But...she didn't believe me."

She did that?

"You seriously did that?"

"Yes I did. It's because it's the truth." She nodded and went to her bedroom.

I followed her and found her packing up her stuffs.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving for London tomorrow." She smiled. "But you can't just leave me."

She sighed, "I'll just make things worse for you. Besides, it's okay." She smiled.

*****

"Thank you Holly." I smiled at her. "No problem. I wish you luck in finding them." She smiled.

"Thanks."

I suddenly became teary eyed as I watch Holly leave.

I'll miss her.

[a/n: So...how's the chapter? 2-4 chapters (maybe) left till the end. :( time jump next chapter]