Chapter 7 - 12 years later

Zac's POV

"Valerie."

My eyes grew wide as soon as my mom said the word 'Valerie'. My heart started beating fast.

Bye daddy!

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I kept on thinking about Valerie. "You okay Zac?" My dad asked. "I don't know dad." I nodded. "It's your daughter isn't it?" My dad asked and I sighed. Just then, the door slammed open and the doctor and a nurse came. "Good morning." The doctor smiled. "How are you?" The doctor asked. "I'm fine thank you." I answered. "Do you feel dizzy?" She asked again. "A little bit when as soon I woke up." I replied. Then she took down some note. "Okay. You're fine. Congratulations Zac's fine already but he still needs to stay in the hospital for a few days." She said. My eyes grew wide when she said 'few days'. "You okay Zac?" The doctor asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." I lied and the doctor nodded and then went away.

"You sure you're okay son?" My mom asked. I sighed, "Kind of." I nodded. "Umm...Can Zac and I have some space?" My mom told my dad and Dylan and the two nodded and headed towards the door.

"Zac....you are a good father." My face lightened when my mom said the word. "I wish I was." I replied. "You are. I can see in you eyes how eager you are just to see your daughter." My mom explained and I sighed. "Your daughter left you this." My mom said as she hands me the necklace I gave to her and a picture. I smiled at the picture which was Valerie as a baby. "Where did they go?" I asked again and this time, my eyes were already teary. "We don't know hun. Vanessa did not mentioned any place." My mom replied. That's it. I couldn't help it. I ended up crying.

[A/N: Sorry for the time jump :)]

~12 years later~

Vanessa's POV

"Good morning sweetheart." I smiled at my now fourteen-year old Valerie. "Good morning mum." She replied in her English accent. "Come on. Get up. It's time for school." I smiled at her and she nodded. "What do we have for breakfast mum?" She asked. "Just some macaroni." I replied. "Is it okay with you?" I asked and she nodded 'yes'. "Mum can you take me to school?" She asked with her puppy eyes. "Uhh...sure. But why sweet?" I asked. "It's just....there are really some people who keeps on bullying me." She walked out and immediately opened the door and headed towards the bus stop.

"Valerie stop!" I ran up to her and she stopped. "Fine. I'll take you okay? Just remember, I'm here as always." I told her and she smiled.

Valerie's POV

~at school~

I nervously walked towards my classroom. I just kept my head on the floor so I won't see the eyes of the devils, aka the bullies. Just then, Stan, the school's biggest bully, pushed me causing me to fall down. "Hey look who's here." Stan laughed. "It's Valerie the coward!! Ha!!" Joshua, Stan's henchman, laughed at me. I started to look around and saw the people who were around me started to laughing at me.

"How do you doing Prick!" Stan then started kicking me. "The American kid who was born without a father!" Stan continued to laugh. "Stupid b*tch!" Stan continued and that was when I couldn't help it. I got up and ran towards the door. I hid behind a tree and started crying.

"Why do they hate me?" I thought to myself.

"Hey." I turn around to see a very tall brunette guy in front of me who kind of looks older. I quickly wipe out my tears and took a deep breath. "You okay?" The guy asked. "What do you think? I'm obviously not okay." I shrugged then I started to walk away. "Hey! Wait a minute. Don't walk away!" The guy started to follow me. Even though I tried many times not to let him follow him, he just won't stop following me. "What do you want?" I asked. "I want to talk to you." He replied. "You know nothing about my life." I replied to him in an angry tone.

"I would if you'd tell me." He replied and that was when I stopped walking.

"What's your name anyways?" I asked.

"Dylan."

************************************************************************************************************

Hi!! Cliff hanger again!! Ha!! ;)

Just got home from the province. Spent the whole weekend without a wifi. I swear it sucked!!

Hope you like this chapter and once again, sorry for the time jump. :)

Enjoy!!