Chapter 17 - Mob

Vanessa's POV

I have to wake up early in the morning for job hunting. For me, job hunting in London is quite hard rather than job hunting in LA.

It was still 7 o'clock in the morning. And I have to tiptoe down the hallway so that I won't wake up Valerie. Valerie usually wakes up at about 8.

After I successfully tiptoed, I quickly ran to the kitchen and started cooking our breakfast. Just then, the telephone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ness!"

"Dylan?"

"Yeah it's me. Listen we have to talk."

"Why?" When it comes to these kind of situations, I always get nervous. I don't know why.

"Is it okay if I'll go there in London by tomorrow?"

"Why? Is anything wrong?"

"Apparently yeah. Zac and I had a fight this morning."

Wait a minute. Dylan and Zac had a fight? I thought they were very close.

"Why did you and Zac had a fight? I thought you guys were close."

"It's complicated. So....can I go there?"

"Sure." I replied. "Thanks Ness." He replied before he hung up the phone.

"Mum?" I look up to see my daughter already awake. "Good morning sweetie." I smiled at her.

"Who was on the phone?"

"It's your uncle." I answered.

"Dylan?"

"Yeah. He said that he will be coming over." I told her and she nodded. "But why though?" She asked.

"I don't know. I think it's something important." I replied and she nodded. Then the door bell rang. "That must be Holly!" Valerie exclaimed as she rushes to open the door. When she opened it, as what she predicted, it's Holly.

"Hi Holls!"

"Hey. How ya doin?" She replied. Is it just me or Holly kind of looks like she's American.

"Hi Holly!" I smiled at her. "Hi Vanessa." She smiled back. "You can call me Ness." I laughed.

"Anyways, who's that kid?" I asked while pointing at the blonde kid she's bringing. "Uhh....he's my son. His name's Toby." She replied shyly. "And is it okay if I'll bring him here? Because-"

"No problem. You're always welcome." I interrupted her and she smiled wide. "But the problem is that he's autistic."

"Nahh! No problem. I have a cousin who has a daughter who's autistic."

Holly smiled at me again. Before getting the books in her bag.

"So uhh Holly? If you don't mind. Are you American?" I asked her and she smiled. "Yes I am." My eyes grew wide as soon as she said that she's American. "I can't believe it! Why didn't you tell me?"

She laughed.

"I thought you noticed it."

"So why are you here in London?" I asked.

"My boyfriend's a Brit." She replied and I was like 'Ohh. That's why'. But I didn't say it anyways.

"Anyways, I'm going to leave Valerie with you for a while. Is it okay?"

"Sure! No problem!" She smiled before I left.

There were a lot of people at the bus stop. Then for whatever reason, there's this girl who just couldn't stop staring at me. Until finally, a bus arrived. I got in and I was forced to sit on the second floor of the bus since the first floor is kind of full already. Call me weird because I totally hate staying at the second floor of the London bus. I don't know why but I'm just scared.

I sat beside the girl who stared at me at the bus stop. I have this feeling that she's still looking at me and it's getting kinda creepy.

"Hi." I look at her and she smiled showing off her braces. She's a nerd. I think.

"Umm hi." I replied in an awkward tone.

"You're Vanessa Hudgens right?"

"Well yeah. I am." This is going to be so awkward.

"Omg!! Can I have an autograph?" She exclaimed as she hands me her HSM poster and her pen. "Sure." I replied.

After signing up, the girl then required me for a selfie. I was about to say no but then...never mind.

"So? Why did you quit showbiz?" She asked. This girl will probably be the first one who will ask me about quitting showbiz.

"It's kind of a family business and don't ask why because it's....it's private." I lied and the girl nodded. "It's about Zac isn't it?" I have a feeling that this girl's stalking me.

"No!" I replied.

"Oh okay. Sorry for disturbing you." She said in a shy tone. "It's okay. It's what fans usually do." I replied and she nodded. After about 5 minutes, we finally arrived. "I have to go." I smiled at her and she waved back.

After getting off the bus, I decided to have stop by at a nearby coffee shop.

"One caramel coffee please." I told the bartender as I give her some pounds (it's the money that they use in England for those of you who don't know).

The bartender looked at me from up to down before giving a shocked look.

"Oh my goodness! It's Vanessa Hudgens!! Ahh!!" She screamed making everyone stare at me. "It is here!" A brunette girl screamed. "Ms. Montez is back!!" Another girl screamed. Afterwards, almost every teenage girl at the store started running up to me. Some were asking for an autograph but most were usually screaming at me.

Some were even questioning me about why did I quit showbiz, about Zac, family and so on and so forth. I eventually got annoyed and I struggled to walk out of the coffee shop. I successfully got out and luckily I have a hood and so I used it to cover my face.

I never thought that fans are still crazy about me. WOW.