Chapter 4 - Bye daddy!

Vanessa's POV

I was at home watching TV with Stella as usual since I'm alone. "Do you actually trust Ashley?" Stella asked. I gave her a 'duhh!' face, "Of course I do! She's my best pal!" I replied. "What if Valerie is already seeing her father?" Stella asked making me worried. She's right. Valerie could be seeing Zac by now and I would do anything to never let that happen. "You're right. Should I call Ashley?" I stood up and grabbed my phone. "I think you should but she should be asleep by now." I commented. "Just try." Stella urged me. I dialed Ashley and to my surprise, after 4 rings, she answered. "Hey ash!" I exclaimed. "Hey. What made you call?" She asked. "Aren't you suppose to be asleep by now?" I asked her instead of answering her question. "Well, we just arrived from the set of my new movie. It's called 'Happily'. [a/n: I just made it up] " She explained. My mouth was shaped 'O'. I'm sure Ashley wouldn't leave Valerie alone at her home! I bet she was bringing her!

"Did you bring Valerie with you?" I asked. "No why?" She replied. "Then who was with her?" I asked.

Ashley's POV

"Then who was with her?" Vanessa screamed through the phone. Oh crap. Here it goes. "Umm....Jemma!" I lied once again. "Wait. Jemma's in America?" Vanessa asked. "Yep! She's leaving tomorrow." I replied. "Oh." She replied. "Anyways, I have to go!" I told her. She was about to say something but I didn't waste time, I quickly hung up the phone. Afterwards, I quickly called Jemma. "Hello?" I heard Jemma groan. "Jemma can you do me a favor?" I could sense that Jemma was still sleepy. "If ever Vanessa calls you, reply to her that you went to LA." I told her. "Why?" She replied asking. "Just tell her please!" I told her. I heard her sigh, "Fine." I could never be more happier. "Yayy!! Thanks Jem." I thanked her. "No problem." She replied. Then I hung up. Yes! Mission's complete!

~The next day~

"Good morning lil munchkin." I said as I wake Valerie up. "Where are we going?" She groaned. "To the studio remember?" I replied to her. She immediately got up from her bed, "So you mean I'm going to see big buildings again?" She exclaimed excitedly. "Come on!" I told her and she excitedly got up from her bed.

After more than 20 minutes, we finally got ready.

~at the studio~

I parked my car beside Zac's car. Valerie, upon realizing that the car beside mine was Zac's, asked me a question. "Auntie? Am I going to see unco Zac again?" She asked in her soft cute voice. "Yes sweetheart." I replied and she didn't say anything until we finally went inside the studio. "Hey Zac!" I called Zac and he turned around. "Hey!" He replied. "Hi Unco Zac!" Valerie exclaimed. Zac gave off a questioned face. "How did she know me?" He asked. "I told her last night." I answered and Zac smiled. "Umm....can you spend time with her?" I asked him and again, he was questioned. "But why would you want me to spend time with her?" He asked.

This time, I was wondering if I should tell Zac about his parenthood or not. Then I decided, no. "Just please. I'm busy." I told him. "Fine." He sighed. "Come here Valerie." He looked at Valerie and he took her small hand. I smile as I watch them walk together in the hallway. Seeing them together holding hands really proves that they're father and daughter. If only Vanessa would realize that after all, Valerie still needs a father.

[a/n: Play "Can I have this dance" on this part :)]

Zac's POV

"Here you go lil bud." I said as I toss her a toy. "Thank you!" She replied with her blue eyes twinkling at me. "Stay here okay?" I instructed her. But before I could go, Valerie stopped me. "Unco Zac?" I turned around. "Yes Valerie?" I look at her. "Can you help me? Because I'm going to write a letter to mommy since her birthday is coming up." She explained while holding a piece of paper. "Sure." I smiled. I leaned towards her, "Okay, what do you want to write?" I asked. "First, I'm going to write my name first." She told me. "Ok." I leaned back so she can write her name. "Done!" She exclaimed. "Okay. Let me see." I leaned towards her and....what?! 'Zaciah Valerie Efron' My jaw dropped on what was written. I couldn't say a word.

"Your family name is Efron?" I asked and she nodded 'no'. Phew! "What's your real family name?" I asked again. "I forgot. It kind of starts with letter H." She explained. "Where did you got Efron?" I continued asking her. She pointed to my robe which had an 'Efron' word on it. Oh. I laughed, "No bud. That's my family name! Why don't you out H instead?" I suggested and she nodded in agreement. After she was done, I decided to give her time to write her letter. I guess I'm staying here for the whole morning.

~30 minutes later~

"Unco Zac?" I woke up to see Valerie on top of me. I just realized that I actually fell asleep. "Are you done?" I asked. "Yes!" She exclaimed. "Okay let me read." She handed me a piece paper which contains the letter. It says:

Dear mommy,
I love you mommy. Ive been missing you. I know that daddy's going to be here soon. Love, Zaciah Valerie H.

Awww! "This is sweet." I commented. She smiled, "Thank you." She replied. "You don't have a daddy?" I asked and she nodded 'no'. "Where is he?" I asked. "Mommy left him before I was born." She replied in a sad tone. "But why would your mommy leave you?" I was now quite eager to know. "Mommy said he cheated on her." I nodded. Valerie then started to cry. I leaned towards her and started comforting her, "It's okay bud. If you ever need a daddy, I'm here okay?" I told her and she nodded 'yes'. "I can be your daddy now. Okay?" I smiled at her.

"Zac?" I look up to see Ashley on the door for whatever reason, she smiled at us. "Umm...I'm bringing her home already." She explained. "Oh." It was all I could say. Personally, deep inside I don't want Valerie to go yet. I guess it's time. "Come here Valerie." Ashley told her and she ran up to her. As they were about to go, I stopped them. "Valerie? Can you please come?" I told her and she did so. I took of Vanessa and I's necklace and gave it to her. "Here. It's yours." I smiled at her. "Thank you. I'll take care of it." She replied before going back to Ashley (who was also smiling). "Bye lil bud." I told her. "Bye daddy!" She replied making me smile. "Aww you call him daddy." Ashley commented. "Bye Zac!" Ashley said before finally disappearing with Valerie.

'Bye daddy!'

'Bye daddy!'

Those words kept on repeating in my mind. Ever since Valerie said those words, I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way she said 'daddy' kind of struck me as if it really meant to me.

***************************************************************************************************************

Happy Easter!! :)