Chapter 45 - depression

Ashley's POV

Sam's in school and therefore, I was alone. I didn't mind.

I would just simply go online.

Then the doorbell rang.

I got up while still carrying my bowl of koko crunch.

I opened it and seen Vanessa, haggard looking. "What happened to you?" I asked. She wiped her tears off, "Can we stay here for a while?" I looked over to the car and seen Vanessa's three kids sleeping.

"Sure. Come in. I'll take care of the kids." I told then she came in.

Vanessa's POV

I sat on the couch, crying. Depressed. I trusted him again. I can't believe he just cheated on me again.

"Ness?" Ashley sat down beside me. That was fast. "Where are the kids?" I asked her.

"They're in the living room. Don't worry. They're sleeping." Ashley smiled before getting a box of tissues and wiped my tears off.

"What happened? Is it Zac again?"

I took a deep breath, "Zac cheated on me. It's not Halston but Holly. Valerie's London teacher."

Ashley's jaw hung open. Then she became speechless.

"It's okay. You got me." Ashley wrapped her arms around me as I cry in her chest.

"How will your mom about this?" She asked me.

"I don't know."

Ashley's POV

I really feel pity for Vanessa right now. Lucky for me, I only have one kid to raise.

I got up and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and gave it to her.

I let Vanessa stay in the couch for a while so she can relax.

I decided to call Stella to report about what Zac did and she was pretty upset. Besides, who would be happy if your boyfriend would do that.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

I opened it and Zac was there.

"What are you doing here?" I glared at him. "Is Vanessa there?"

"No." I narrowed my eyes.

"I know she's there Ash." He try's to get in but I stepped on his foot forcing him to groan in pain and to step back.

"My friend doesn't need a cheater like you." Then I slammed the door shut.

For whatever reason, I suddenly feel guilty. But what he did to Vanessa is too much.

"Who was that?" Vanessa suddenly appeared. "Zac. He tried to get in but don't worry, he's gone. Thanks to me." I replied and Vanessa nodded.

"You still love him don't you."

Vanessa then started crying, "I don't know Ash."

~The next day~

I woke up early on the morning. I tiptoed across the hallway in order not to wake up Vanessa and her kids.

Since I was the first one to get up, I decided to make a breakfast for everyone.

Then my phone rang. It's Dylan.

"Yes Dylan." I spoke.

"Ash, is Vanessa there?"

"Is Zac using you to communicate with her?"

"No. I just want to tell her that Zac's in great depression. I'm just scared that one day, he might end his life. That's all." Then Dylan hung up.

Suicide.

Now that's what I'm scared.

I went back upstairs and found out that Vanessa's already awake.

She was looking at the mirror.

"Ness?" She turn around and looks at me. "Hey. I was wondering if you could take Valerie to school. If that would be okay."

"Sure. No problem."

"And....can I borrow your clothes? Mine is in our house and....I can't go back there."

"Of course you can! And.....Ness?"

She looks at me, "Do you still love Zac?"

She nodded. "I don't know."

"Oh okay."

"Why did you ask that?"

I turn around, "I'm just scared that maybe one day, Zac will commit suicide and that doubt will stay with you forever."

[a/n: I know this is quite short but don't worry. The next chapter will be long. :) Sad to say that only a few more chapters and it will already be the last one. Sorry.]