Chapter 50 - meeting again

Valerie's POV

I just got home from a meet up with dad. I gave him the address as well as my number and hopefully, he will come here by tomorrow.

I opened the door and there stood my mom, very mad.

"What took you so long?" She asked.

"I had a meet up with a friend and no...it's not a boy." I lied. I seriously feel bad for lying but anyways, it's worth it.

She let me in and I immediately went to the kitchen and she followed me.

"Don't lie to me Valerie." She glared at me and I took a deep breath.

"I talked to dad okay?" I finally admitted and she became shock. "What?! You talked to your father?!"

"Exactly that." I replied as I take out a food from the fridge. "How did you meet him?"

I turn around and looked at her, "At a coffee shop. He spilled his coffee all over me." I replied.

"Valerie what are you doing?!"

"I know exactly what I'm doing. Mom, he's still my dad! No matter how many mistakes he would commit, he will always be my father no matter what." I cleared. I immediately ran towards my bedroom and made sure it's locked.

Vanessa's POV

I still can't believe Valerie had a meet up with her dad.

Now I'm having mixed feelings.

I went to Valerie's bedroom and knocked.

"Valerie honey. We need to talk." I spoke.

"No. Get away."

"Come on! I'm sorry okay?"

Then she opened the door. "Thank you." I smiled at her and she nodded. I sat down in her bed and took a deep breath.

"So...tell me what happened. I promise I won't get mad." I said and she sat down beside me.

"He said he'd love to talk to you. He asked me questions about how are we doing and stuff. He also said, he loves you." After Valerie was done speaking, I couldn't help myself but cry.

"Does he have a girlfriend?" I asked and Valerie smiled. "No. He never had a girlfriend ever since you."

That was when I started crying very hard. Valerie wrapped her arms around me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Did you gave him our address?" I asked and Valerie smiled again. "Yes I did."

"Will he come tomorrow?"

"I hope so." She nodded.

"I'd love to meet him." Valerie's face lightened up and she immediately hugged me.

"Thank you so much mom!!"

Zac's POV

I sat in bed, looking at the ceiling. Daydreaming about my encounter with Valerie.

It's been only 8 months and it already feels like it's been ages since the last time I saw her.

Just then, my phone started ringing. I looked at it...and it's Valerie.

"Hey baby." I spoke.

"Dad!! Mom wants to meet you!"

My eyes grew wide and I froze.

"What?! Really?!"

"Yes!! Go to the address that I gave to you tomorrow." She instructed.

"Sure. I promise."

Then she hung up.

Yes!! I could never be more happier.

"Dylan!" I called Dylan from the kitchen and he came running. "What happened? Is there something wrong?"

"Vanessa said that she wants to talk to me by tomorrow." I said excitedly and Dylan smiled his widest.

"Really?!"

"Yep!!"

"Where do they live?"

I grabbed the paper in which Valerie wrote the address. I read it. Great.

"They live in Oakland." I said and Dylan's jaw hung open.

"Really?"

"Really."

I scratched the back of my neck, not knowing what to do.

"Oakland is a 5-hour drive from here. Are you kidding me?!" Dylan needs to learn to calm down. Like seriously.

"Besides, no matter what. I'll drive there."

He looked at me, "Are you kidding?"

"No I'm not and my decision's final."

He stared at me for a few seconds before smiling again. "Now that's what I call love!" He laughed and I playfully slapped him.

[a/n: Hey y'all!! I'm currently developing a new Zanessa fanfic and I'm planning to publish it after I finish this one. So stay tune!!]