Chapter 46 - suicide

[a/n: I dare you to get a box full of tissues and a bottle of water before reading. Because this one's a very sad chapter. I don't know if that's how you perceive it.]

Valerie's POV

~2 days later~

"So your mom caught your dad cheating." Nicole said as she drinks from her orange juice.

"Yep. He was hanging out with my former teacher in London." I replied and Nicole took another drink.

"So....are you still going to forgive your dad?" Nicole asked me with a serious face.

"Mixed."

Nicole sighed. "I don't mean to be awkward but....besides, no matter what happens, he will always be your dad."

I looked at her, "You're right."

"I have a plan." Nicole said and I looked at her weirdly.

******

"Mum?" I spoke through the phone.

"Yes sweetie?"

"I'm having a math practice with Nicole tonight and I might not be able to come home on time. But don't worry, Nicole's mum promised to bring me home." I lied.

"Okay." Then I hung up.

"Okay. She said yes and now what?" I looked at Nicole.

"Go talk to your dad."

"Are you sure that this is going to work out?"

Nicole chuckled, "Trust me."

Then Nicole and I rode a bus to our old house. I'm still nervous as hell.

"I'm still nervous." I told Nicole and she rolled her eyes. "You're the only hope in order to put your parents back together. Trust me this will work. I already told my mom to fetch us." She smiled and I nodded.

A few minutes later, we finally arrived.

There was a bench near our house and Nicole told me that she will just wait there.

"Just go with me please!!" I tried pulling her hand but she pulled back. "No. Go talk to your father privately." She told me and I talk a deep breath as I walk towards our house.

To my surprise, the door was open and the house was empty. "Dad?" There was no response and my heart started beating fast.

"Dad it's me Valerie." I spoke again and still....no response.

There was no sign that someone's crying or whatever.

I decided to go upstairs, to check if he's there.

Then I heard someone speaking.

"....I'm an idiot..."

I started walking fast.

"....stupid father...."

Oh my.

"....I love you Ness. Goodbye."

Crap.

I slammed the door open and I was shocked of what I saw.

There was rope attached to the ceiling and dad was stepping on a chair and was about to kill himself through it.

"Dad no!!"

He looked at me, shocked. "Valerie?"

"What are you doing?!" Tears started forming from my eyes.

"I'm a failure....now go away!!" He told me as he was about to cry again.

He slip his head again through the rope and that was when I couldn't bear it anymore. I ran towards him and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Dad. I love you."

That was when he stopped. He slipped his head out of the rope and hugged me.

Then the two us started crying. "I'm so sorry." He whispered.

He continued hugging me and he didn't let go and I didn't even bothered to remind him.

Vanessa's POV

"I wonder what's taking Valerie so long." I became worried.

"Calm down Ness. I'm sure she's okay. Valerie's a brave girl like you." She smiled and I smiled back but it wasn't real.

I'm still worried.

Then my phone vibrated.

I looked at it and it's a text message from Valerie.

Mum. Go to our house now!!

My eyes grew wide and I immediately grabbed the car keys.

"Where are you going?" Ashley asked.

"Take care of the twins." I replied and she nodded.

Valerie's POV

It's almost dark and I'm still here. I should be cuddling with my little brothers by now. But it doesn't matter. I almost lost my dad today.

He eventually fell asleep on my lap.

I already texted Nicole to go already and also my mum to come here. I don't know whether she'll come.

I stared at my phone and realized that it's about to die. Crap.

But still.

I'm not leaving my dad here.

Vanessa's POV

I finally arrived.

I went in the house and it was dark.

"Hello?" I spoke and my voice echoed.

"Zac?" I spoke.

I went upstairs and checked the nursery and it's empty.

Where could this jerk be?

I went to Valerie's bedroom and it's still empty.

Then to our bedroom.....oh my.

"Mum?" Valerie spoke. "Honey?" I replied. I looked up to the ceiling and there was a rope.

Now I get it.

Zac was sleeping soundly at Valerie lap. No wonder Valerie couldn't move because he's very heavy.

"What happened?" I asked Valerie.

"He almost killed himself." My jaw dropped.

That was when I started crying. Damn it.

I suddenly feel guilty.

Then I gave Zac a kiss on his forehead.

[a/n: So....what do you guys think? :)]