Chapter 26 - pregnancy problems

~3 months later~

Vanessa's POV

As usual, I have to wake up early ever since Valerie came. I started to gain weight as hell. My baby bump also started to become visible. Today, we'll have a doctor appointment and hopefully, we'll find out the gender. Could never be more excited.

When I got up, I tried to be careful not to wake up Zac since he slept late last night. I tiptoed in the hallway in order not to wake up Valerie. Since today is Saturday, obviously, Valerie has no school.

"Why do you have to wake up so early?" I turn around to see Zac. "Of course. I have to prepare breakfast for my angels." I replied.

"You don't have to. You have to be careful because you might hurt our baby. Now let me do this." Zac then grabbed the spatula then started cooking. "You're going to be a good dad Zac." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

Zac's POV

The way she told me that I'm going to be a good father makes me want to cry.

"Were you stressed while pregnant with Valerie?" I asked her and she nodded. "No not really. Thanks to my family and Ashley." Vanessa replied.

"Well you got me now. So no more worries." I smirked and she laughed. "You know what. I just realized that you're a sexy mama." I smirked and she laughed. "Dude. I'm getting fat." She replied while looking down at her bump.

"I don't think you are. You're still beautiful." I told her and she smiled. "Thank you honey." I was almost brought to tears when she called me honey. I love her so much!

"You're welcome wifey." I replied to her and she laughed.

"Uhh guys?" We both turn around to see Valerie already awake. "Yes sweetie?" I asked her.

"Did I interrupt you guys?"

Vanessa laughed, "Of course not."

"Well....I was wondering if you could help me with the TV because it's not working. It won't turn on." Valerie explained.

"Okay. I'm coming." Vanessa smiled at her daughter then she went with Valerie.

Then I was left in the kitchen to cook our breakfast which is Sushi. I don't whether sushi is good for breakfast but anyways....I'm cooking it.

"Dad!!" I heard Valerie calling my name. I immediately ran to her and saw Vanessa in pain. "What happened?"

"Zac.....my stomach."

My eyes grew wide. "Oh my goodness. Wait here." I immediately ran to the kitchen and turned off the stove.

"We have to bring you to the hospital." I told Vanessa and she nodded no. "It's just...I think it's just an abdominal pain." But for me, this pain is no abdominal one. "We have to go. Come on." I didn't wait for Vanessa's reply, I immediately carried her towards the car with Valerie following from behind. I didn't even bother the paps that were around. Although there were only a few of them.

I drove as fast as I can until we finally reached the hospital. Luckily we arrived there for only a few minutes. Thanks to me. Ha!

Luckily the doctor was there and he immediately brought us to his lab.

The doctor took out this jelly liquid stuff or whatever you call it and then started rubbing it across Vanessa's tummy.

Then he grabbed this scanner or whatever you call it and started to slide it across her tummy.

A few minutes later, a heart beat came. I looked at the imager and couldn't help myself but cry.

"That's our baby?" I asked. "Yes. Congratulations." The doctor smiled at us.

But then something caught my eye....."There seems to be two." I commented and the doctor smiled. "It's because you two are having twins." My eyes grew wide and immediately looked at Vanessa whose pain is slowly decreasing. "Twins??" I'm excited actually.

"Yep!! Identical twin boys." I couldn't help but give off a big grin on my face while Vanessa laughed. "Congratulations Mr. Efron and Ms. Hudgens." The doctor smiled at us.

"Uhh doc? Vanessa experienced a lot of pain this morning. Might explaining it?" I asked the doctor and his face dropped.

"Miss Hudgens has an abnormal uterus which means it's small and the fact that she's having twins kind of makes the situation quite worse. I don't know what will happen but it seems that Ms. Hudgens is too weak to carry your boys." The doctor explained and all the happiness inside me earlier dropped. I looked over to Vanessa and her eyes were which means she wants to cry. Valerie ran up to her mother and hugged her.

"Excuse me please." The doctor said as he goes out leaving only the three of us alone.

"It's okay Ness. I'm here and I promise to never leave your side ever again. Don't believe him. You're not weak." I told her and she gave a faint smile. "I will be there too mum." Valerie smiled and Vanessa gave her a kiss followed by me.

[a/n: so hey!! Ness is having twins!! Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this one.]