Chapter 35 - Valerie's romance

Zac's POV

We were on our way to fetch Valerie from school. I still could not forget that Mrs. Hudgens gave her blessings for our wedding.

"So.....I saw you with mom hugging each other."

I chuckled, "You won't believe it. She gave us her blessings for our wedding."

"Really?" Vanessa asked with a smile. "Yep! She did. She also told me to be careful with your heart." I continued.

"So uhh.....I was wondering if we could visit my parents next week." Vanessa thought for a while, "Of course! Why not."

I smiled, "Thanks Ness."

It takes a 5-hour drive from Salinas to LA. But still, as long as my soon to be wife is happy.

Shooting a new movie and finally back in Hollywood is such a great feeling. The bad thing is that more and more people are starting to invade our privacy which makes it hard for me to hide my children and so as Vanessa's pregnancy.

"Are you still gonna hide me from the public?" She asked.

"Look I don't want fans to send you death threats." I answered.

"You know.....I'm fine with it." I gave her a weird look, "Are you sure?"

"Yep!!"

"You might want to get some sleep." I told her. "But why?"

"Remember what the doctor told you? You should get some rest. Besides,in the first place you shouldn't be out here going out." I replied.

"Yes Doc." She smirked and I poked her.

Valerie's POV [a/n: Yep she's back]

Even though I'm Zac Efron's daughter, doesn't mean I'm one of the most popular kids at school. I'm still trying to live a normal life though even though the mums of my fellow classmates recognize my dad.

Luckily, so far here in America, I'm not bullied.

Like what I said, I'm not one of the most popular kids at school and therefore I usually eat alone in the cafeteria.

I didn't bother to ask someone to be my friend but if they want to then so be it.

"Hey." I look up to see a very cool guy. I didn't say hot okay?

"Uhh hi." This is going to be awkward.

"So I heard that you're Zac Efron's kid."

"Yes." I tried my best to smile. Hope I'm good.

Then he sat down beside me. That was when I felt the butterflies moving inside my stomach.

"What's your name?" He asked. "Valerie."

"Were you named after a song?" I chuckled, "Yes I was."

"From Amy Winehouse right?"

"Yes."

"Oh and......I'm Daniel. But you can call me Dan." He smiled showing off his dimples.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Are you from London?" He asked. I guess he noticed my accent.

"Yes. I was raised there."

Just then, the bell rang.

"I have to go." Then I started grabbing my bags. I turn around to see him smiling. "Can I see you around?"

"Uhh....sure. But not this dismissal. My mum and dad are the ones who's going to fetch me and besides, we can see each other around." I smiled before the two of us parted ways.

He's cute to be honest. I'm not saying he's gorgeous and stuff. I'm just saying Dan's a cool guy.

The classroom was not that far from the cafeteria and that's why it was quite easy for me to go there.

I decided to sit at the back since I have tendency to be shy.

A few minutes later, our geography teacher came.

We greeted him before sitting down together.

"Hi." I looked to my side and I guess my new seat mate decides to talk while the teacher is discussing. "Uhh hi." I replied in an awkward way.

"So you're new." Obviously I am.

"Yes."

"Your dad is Zac Efron right?" I nodded yes and she smiled. "And your mom is Vanessa Hudgens." She continued.

"Yes."

"So how is she?"

"Well....I'm not suppose to tell anyone about her since my dad is trying to keep us away from the public eye." I explained and she nodded before smiling again.

"Nice to meet you by the way. I'm Nicole." She smiled. "Hi. I'm Valerie." I replied.

I wonder why awkwardness always starts in school.

Zac's POV

It was almost 4:30 in the afternoon when we arrived at Valerie's school. We were getting worried that she might be tired already.

I parked my car and to my surprise, Valerie was still there. I ran up to her and then she gave me a hug. "Sorry baby." I smiled at her and she smiled back. "It's okay."

"Bye Valerie." We both turn around to see a brunette girl smiling at Valerie. In return, Valerie waved a goodbye at her.

"Who's that?" I asked Valerie.

"Nicole. I just met her." Valerie replied.

"So....did you get bullied and stuff?"

"No." Valerie replied making me smile.