red robin talks 🍔

Annies Pov

"best friend, you don't have to go over there." kenzie said, as she saw me getting up. "i dont have too, but i want too." i said, as i grabbed my phone. "annie." carson tried to call, but i walked off.

i took a big gulp, as i approached his table. his head was still down. i took a seat across from him.

Annie - Bold text
Hayden - reg text

"hi.." i said with a low voice.

he picked his head up, and his eyes were watery.

"oh hi, im sorry, i look like a mess."

"its fine. are you okay?"

"not really."

"do you wanna tell me what's wrong?"

"i see that you took off the rubber band.." he said ignoring my question.

he had a sad face.

i stayed quiet.

"annie?"

"yes?"

"why?"

"why what?"

"i put you through so much, and after all that, you still are here for me. why are you so good to me, and always nice to me, even if i put you through so much?"

i sighed. "hay.. i mean.. hayden... that's just the kind of person i am. i swim oceans, for the ones who won't even walk bridges for me. what im trying to say is, i swim oceans for the ones i care about, It doesn't matter what they put me through. you're one of the people that i'd swim an ocean for, maybe, i already i had."

"i'd swim an ocean for you, and you know that."

"you already have."

"what do you mean?"

"sneaking out for me at night, risking to talk to me even though we couldn't, being here for me when you didn't need too, taking my side when no one else did, holding my hand to walk through the bumpy roads in my life, you were here when my friends left me, you made me feel better, and most importantly, you were being my best friend, and my soulmate."

"i did that because i love you and i care about you."

"that's my reason, for swimming an ocean for you."

there was awkward silence.

"now tell me, why are you here by yourself?"

"khia."

when he said that, it felt like a knife going stabbing my heart.

"what happened? you know you can tell me anything."

"well.. ever since you and i fell off, khia and I got close. like super close, so close you couldn't even tell that we were just close friends, we looked like a couple."

and another stab.

"then what happened? you looked really happy hay.. i mean hayden, sorry."

"she wanted to make her and I official."

"and what's wrong with that?"

everything..

"nothing. but when we were in the ice cream shop, we sat down, and she was talking about it. she told me, "we should make it official." but I hesitated to say something. she knew something was up, and she told me, "hayden, i take what I said back. i want you to be happy, and not faking to be happy, with Me. i know you still have feelings for annie, i seen it your eyes. and she still has feelings for you. i can see it in her eyes too. behind her, is a broken girl who needs her best friend. and that best friend, is you." after she said that, she left."

"hayden, khia is right, i am broken. i do need my best friend."

"im sorry annie."

"nothing is your fault. its mine."

"OURS."

"lets go to the crew."

"what if they don't like me anymore."

"trust me hay, they do!"

i took his hand, and we started to talk to the crew.

"please put your hair tie back on! you're killin me smalls." then we started to laugh.

"you took it off first, summerall."

"i know, i regret it. its going on my wrist as soon as i get home."

"same here."

we both laughed, and returned to crew.