•Yoongi X Umji X Namjoon•

Story idea goes to: @GUCCI-TAO-PANDA

The kings of the school were on their way to class with a bunch of girls following and fangirling over them.

The Kings aka Namjoon and Yoongi, the two most popular male students at school. Namjoon, the smart one and Yoongi, the bad boy. The best duo you could ever find. Other boys were jealous that every single girl is head over heels with them.

The walked past everyone, strutting confidently, like they were models on a runway.

There was a girl ahead of them, wearing glasses and carrying textbooks. Yoongi liked to call them "Nerds" but Namjoon didn't agree with him.

"Move out the way, nerd!" Yoongi called out, like he ruled the school.

"Oh, sorry!" She replied back, dropping her papers since she didn't want to be in the way of them. Namjoon desperately wanted to help her but he couldn't. Namjoon actually has a crush on her but he never told Yoongi cause he is afraid what he will say to him.

"Her name is Umji," He whispered to Yoongi.

"Whatever." Yoongi muttered. "She needs a glow up." Namjoon hated how Yoongi talked about girls, only caring about looks. They have to be slim and pretty, or else it won't satisfy Yoongi. But Namjoon thought girls were perfect the way they are.

"Love yourself." Is what they say.

---

"Uh... Namjoon?" Umji asked Namjoon after class was dismissed.

He looked up at her, "Can you help me with English?" She asked him. "But y-you don't h-have too, if you don't w-want"." She quickly added.

Namjoon smiled, 'She is adorable', he thought. "Of course I will."

They met up at the library after school and got started. Namjoon helped her with her English homework and taught her grammar/vocabulary.

He was waiting until Umji finished answering the questions. 'I love her' he thought, 'I don't know why Yoongi doesn't like her. She's perfect.'

"Namjoon?" Umji tapped his shoulders, snapping him away from his thoughts. "I finished."

"Oh, sorry Umji." He said as he checks her work. "Perfect! You will totally bomb through English."

"Thanks. I better be going." She packs up her things. "Bye Namjoon! I'll see you around!" She waved. 'I thought all popular guys were mean, I guess I was wrong. Does that mean Yoongi is nice too?' She thought.

---

2 months later

Namjoon spotted Umji at her locker but this time she looked different. He elbowed Yoongi and they both turned to look at her.

"Dude, she's hot." Yoongi whispers to him. "Yo Umji! Looking good!" He whistles as they walk by. Umji turns towards them, flustered.

"I think I'm in love with her." Yoongi says as he opens his locker. 'You only cared about her looks.' Namjoon wanted to fight back.

"Yea, she was always pretty but you never noticed it." He muttered under his breath, gloomily.

Namjoon spotted a poster about the spring dance at their school. 'Maybe I can ask Umji out.'

"Dude, c'mon." Yoongi shakes his arm, snapping him once again out of his thoughts. "I wanna sit beside her."

---

'You can do this, Namjoon. I believe in you.' He thought as he walked towards Umji's locker. He was holding a bouquet of red roses and a box of chocolates.

He stopped walking and time froze. Yoongi was already there with a chocolate rose, talking to Umji. 'Please don't be talking about the dance.' He prayed, but he could obviously hear from a far that they indeed were.

Umji hugged Yoongi and they intertwined their hands as they walked towards class.

'I lost my chance.' Namjoon threw away the roses and chocolates in the trash can.

---

Namjoon leaned against the wall, drinking fruit punch. He jealously watched all the couples slow dance, especially Yoongi and Umji. They were the only couple that he could focus on.

The bright smile that appeared on Umji's face made him happy but also sad. 'It should of been me, dancing with her, under the spotlight.'

Yoongi leaned forward but Namjoon couldn't see what happened next. He sighed in defeat and tossed his cup in the trash.

'It looks like the bad boy has won over the smart boy once again.'

•••

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

•••