•Eunha X Jungkook•

I lay on grass with my face facing the clear sky above me. I close my eyes, feeling the heat on my eyelids from the sun. Children were yelling in joy while couples walked around, smiling at each other.

Memories of him starts to flood my brain, ranging from the happy ones to the heartbreaking ones.

Flashback

Age 9

"Higher!" I yelled while giggling. He pushed me harder on the swing, making me fly.

"You're going to fall!" He warned me.

"Watch me jump, Jungkook!" I said.

"Don't, Eunha."

I ignore his words and jump from the highest point of the swing. I fall onto the ground with my knees digging into the wood chips underneath me.

"Eunha!" Jungkook runs up to me. I brush the wood chips off my legs but stop when I see a big scratch on my knee. Jungkook shakes his head at me.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I stand up but Jungkook swoops me right off the ground, placing me on the nearby play structure. I cover my scratch up but he moves my hand away.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks, worried. I nod. He gently gives a quick kiss to the scratch, smiling afterwards. "Now, you're okay."

I laugh at him.

Age 15

It was a beautiful autumn day. The trees were red but slowing becoming bare. My glasses kept on falling from the bridge of my nose.

"So.... did anyone say something about your new glasses?" He asks me.

I nod.

"Good?"

I shake my head.

"Who is this person? I'm going to punch thei-"

"I did." I say, a small smile forming on my face.

He stops walking, making me trip a little. Before I could fall, he catches me.

"Why? You're beautiful."

Age 19

We rode to the airport in silence. I was mad. Jungkook couldn't stop biting the insides of his mouth.

We got out of the car and Jungkook grabbed his suitcase from the back.

"You're really doing this, huh?" I say to him. He avoids eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry, Eunha..."

"Sorry for leaving me for 4 years? You are the only one I have left, Jungkook."

"I had no choice. I wouldn't go if it wasn't a once in a lifetime experience. Don't you understand?"

"I...I just can't... I need you."

Jungkook wraps me in an embrace. I start crying. His tears fall on my head.

"I'll be back soon." was the last words he ever said to me.

Age 23

I wait in the airport, nervously. The large paper I have been holding up for five hours starts to dig into my skin.

His flight landed already and I'm just waiting to see him again.

I then suddenly see the "flight landed" erase.

My heart starts to beat rapidly.

No, no, no.

The door finally opens and Jungkook comes out. Except he's in a wheelchair. His eyes are closed. His face red and almost looks like it's burnt.

"Jungkook! O my gosh, what happened to you?" I scream.

The security pushes me out of the way.

"Sorry, M'am, but we need to send him to the hospital right away."

Age 25

Two years later, Jungkook passes away.

I cry during the whole funeral.

Age 26

The one year anniversary of Jungkook's death.

I cry again.

Flashback ends.

It's almost three years without seeing Jungkook. I miss everything about him.

I open my eyes to see my shirt covered in tears.

I wipe the tears away, smiling.

I'm happy that I was with him for 25 years. Even though it was much shorter than I wanted it to be, I'm so glad he was part of my life.

I stand up and start walking to this special tree that Jungkook and I made a carving when we were younger.

I brush my hand onto the carving.

Jungkook + Eunha = forever

Thanks for being my friend. Love ya!   - Jungkook

Love ya too! And thanks for not leaving me. - Eunha

I grab my pocket knife from my pocket and add a small carving underneath our previous one.

Miss you a lot. Wish you were still here with me, then I could tease you again. Love you. - Eunha

---

"Goodbyes hurt more than anything. Especially when deep down, you know you will never say 'hello' again."

---

This one shot popped into my head while listening to this:

Such a beautiful ost, especially the piano version