Making deals and whispering confessions(13)

A sharp jabbing feeling shot through my cheek and I groaned before swatting the things away. The jab came back only this time it was on my forehead,  grumbling I turned my face and pulled the blanket over my head.

"Oh, come on Kota! Wake up! We're bored" Gemma spoke up and I grumbled.
"Dakota" Tessa sang and I sighed.

"Fine I'll be there in a bit, let me just get ready" I said and they grinned.

"Great we'll be in the clinic, Emily is in pain again, so we're just going to go cheer her up, meet us there" Tessa said and I gave her a thumbs up. As the door closed behind them, I got up and quickly pulled on a fresh pait of sweatpants, one of Ryder's shirts and a sweater. Yes, I've already stolen one of his shirts. Throwing my hair into a ponytail, I walked down the hallway and towards the clinic. It's been three days since the party and it's safe to say Ryder and I cannot keep our hands to ourse5 for longer than an hour. We end up in corners or bedrooms frequently but each time before we can go further we are interrupted. I smiled as I saw the white door and opened it quickly. Dragging my tired body across the room, I was happy to see that he was still asleep.

Lifting the covers I crawled into the bed next to him and snuggled into his back. Instantly he turned around and pulled me tightly into his arms. This has become a normal thing for us,  I'd wake up early in the mornings and get into bed with him. I closed my eyes and allowed sleep to take me under again.

The feeling of Ryder's lips nuzzling the skin in my neck caused me to wake up slowly. Opening my eyes I looked up at him.

"Morning love" he smiled at me and I yawned.

"Morning" I smiled and he kissed my on my forehead. "You give way better wake up calls than Tessa. She just jabs her finger in my face" I sighed and he chuckled.

"Well Dakota I promise you I'll never jab you with my finger, I'll be jabbing you with something else though" he whispered and I groaned.

"No, Ryder, it's way to earlier for those type of comments, especially when I'm hakf half asleep" I mumbled.

Chuckling he hugs me closer to him "Sorry, love, but I saw the opportunity and took it".

"Yeah, yeah Mr. Sex-addict" I pushed myself out of his arms and rolled out of bed.

"Aw, love, I'm sorry, where are you going?" He pouted.

"I was supposed to go to the clinic to cheer Emily up but I wantd to see you first. But now sadly I have to go before your sister sends out a search party" I smiled.

"Is Emily having problems again?" He asked a weird emotion in his eyes,  it wasn't worry or sadness, no, it was an odd thing. I couldn't figure it out. Sympathy, it's most likely sympathy.

"Yeah"

"Poor girl, I'll probably go talk to Bradley about it. Show him that I'm still his brother and I'll always support him" he explained.

"You're such a nice person" I smiled and threw a pillow at him before darting out the room. Walking down the hall I had a light bounce to my step and for the first time in a long time I was genuinely happy. For the first time since I lost my pack I was happy and carefree. It's crazy how much of an effect a mate has on a person.

'Yeah, they tend to fuck you over to' Grey said and I pouted.

'I'm sorry Grey, it's just I can't leave him. I think I'm falling for him' I said softly.

'You're not falling Kota, you have already fallen for him' Grey sighed.

'Have you made contact with his wolf yet?' I asked and she scoffed.