Lycan killers and lying bastards(16)

I was wide awake as I laid next to Ryder. He on the other hand was sleeping soundly. I couldn't seem to fall asleep, my wolf was antsy and I was trying to calm her.

'Grey...'

'Dakota'

'I don't know what to tell you. I'm just as worried about him as you are' I sighed and she huffed. I knew that deep down Grey has grown attached to the sexual, cocky man that was currently laying next to me.

'He's still agitaded, and it has been two days since the whole heart thing' she said and I nodded.

'I know and he's getting worse every day' I mumbled.

"Dakota why aren't you asleep?" His sleepy voice brought me back to reality.

"I can't sleep" I sighed and he frowned and opened his arms for me, I shuffled over to him and curled into a ball in his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked into my hair.

"I'm fine" I sighed as I looked at him, he was tired.

"What's bothering you, love?" He asked closing his eyes.

"The same thing that's bothering you" I said and his eyes flew open.

"What do you mean?" He asked and I frowned.

"Well I'm not sure what's bothering you precisely but whatever it is, it bothers me because it bothers you. I want you to be happy" I said and he smiled.

"I am happy love, a bit of stress but that's all." He shrugged and yawned.

"Okay" I nodded and kissed him softly, he immediately responded and I smiled before pulling away from him.

"Goodnight Ryder" I smiled and he winked before we both fell into the dark abyss of dreamland wrapped up in each others arms and our hearts beating to the same rythm.

××××

The sharp sound of someone whispering harshly was what caused me to wake up. Frowning my eyes fluttered open and I squinted against the bright sun. Yawning softly I was met with the sight if Ryder's bare back and damn those back muscles. I've always had a thing for back muscles. When his shoulders stiffened I focused on the heated conversation he was having over the phone.

"I know dammit!" He snapped softly and I frowned.

"What do you think I've been doing all this time? Having a holiday in Spain!"

"Yes, I know that! I know he's getting agitated, dammit it's not as easy as he thought! There has been some complications."

"I don't know how to describe it- just I'll figure it out"

"Fine, I'll see what I can do" he sighed in irritation and my heart clenched.

"Yeah yeah, goodbye Jason" he said and ended the call. Groaning he leant forward as he rested his face in his hands. Sitting up slowly I dragged my hands up his back and over his shoulders. Pushing my chest against his back I placed my mouth by his ear.

"Have I ever told you I have a huge thing for back muscles." I whispered and he chuckled.

"Morning love" he turned around and gently pushed me onto my back with his body and I smirked.

"Morning"

"Did I wake you?" He asked and I shook my head, I didn't want to upset him more.

"No, I woke up when I wanted to cuddle and you weren't next to me" I smiled and he smirked.

"We can cuddle now if you'd like" he said and I pouted.

"Nah, I have something else I'd rather do" I smirked.