The love of a mate(14)

I didn't know how long we slept on the couch in the library but when Ryder gently got off from the couch, careful not to wake me. He then proceeded to gently pick me up and carry me off to my bedroom. A small smile tugged at my lips at his gentleness but I made sure to hide it.

"Ryde- is that Dakota?" I heard Tessa ask and Ryder held onto me tighter.

"Yeah?" He said and she giggled.

"I was looking for her where was she? With you?"

"Uh, we were reading in the library" he said and Tessa chuckled.

"Yeah, she always in there. If she wakes up tell her that it's movie night and she better not ditch us again" Tessa said and then I heard her walk away.

"Did you hear that love?" Ryder asked as he looked at me.

"How did you know I was awake?" I poutrd and he smiled.

"I felt your stare love"

"Ug whatever,  you can put me down now" I mumbled and he grinned at me.

"Its okay I like it when you're so close" he smiled and then walked off to my bedroom and he honestly meant that in the sweetest way.

"Should I just drop you off at Tessa's?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I need to get into more comfortable clothes"

"Okay, so I guess you won't come to me tonight?" He asked and I frowned.

"No, I'll be there" I said and he grinned.

"I thought you were going to stay with Tessa and Gemma?" He asked.

"Nah, they can't stay away from their mates for more than three hours so a sleepover is out" I smiled "and besides I'm not sleeping in a bed where my best friend and her mate did things" I shivered and he chuckled.

"That's my sister, please spare me the details" he opened my bedroom door and then dropped me onto the bed.

"I'll see you later then?" I asked him and he nodded before giving me a gentle kiss.

"I'll be waiting,  love" he ruffled my hair and left. I remained laying on the bed for a whole ten minutes jusy staring at the ceiling, I was so lazy. Sighing I eventually got up and stretched.

I walked over to my cupboard and quickly slipped off my jeans and pulled a pair of sweatpants on. I took off my shoes and pulled on some socks and finally I removed my shirt and replaced it with one of Ryder's. I was just about to leave when I remember a hair tie and my bra. I quickly unclasped my bra and chucked it in the washing basket, that was one of the best feelings ever. I then proceeded to tie hair in a messy bun while walking over to my curtains to close them. I froze when I saw Ryder in the back yard talking to two girls. They were flirting that much was obvious but Ryder was just being polite. Answering a few questions,  I could see it in his body language that he wasn't interested. But when his shoulders tensed and he hands twitched I knew something was off.

I sighed before making my way to the backyard to make sure he was okay. I didn't know if I was being to clingy or jealous know but it really bothered me when he was upset. I walked outside and stopped right behind them before any of them could see me.

"So if you don't have a mate or a girlfriend,  why don't you come with us?" The one smirked as she ran her finger down his chest.

"Listen I told you girls why now please drop it" he said.

"Aw but babe we could have so much fun"

"Listen I may not be your Alpha, but I'm still an Alpha and you should respect me. If this is how you treat other Alphas I'm truly disappointed in my brother's discipline. " Ryder sighed.