Not your ordinary heat(9)

Dedicated to the br8vebookworm <3

It happened so suddenly, it always happens suddenly, it crept up on me like a wolf creeps up to his pray. My body jolted awake and I gasped as the pain ran up my bones like ants crawling up their ant heap. Bradley shot up just as I got out of bed and ran to my cell. 

"Dakota!" he called after me but I just pushed my legs harder as I ran down the stairs and to the cellars. 

"Dakota!" he snapped just as I ran past the gym.

"What!" I hissed as I picked up one of the tiles at the back of the corridor.

"What has gotten into you?" he snapped.

"My heat has started" I said just as I lifted the trap door and went into the cellars.

"Oh, shit" he breathed out and we both hurried to the heavy metal door at the back. I quickly placed my thumb on the scanner and the door swished open, i entered and the door swished shut behind me, this was my cell especially for my heats, since Grey is a lot stronger on our heats. This entire room was made of silver coated by cement and then coated with silver again. There were vents in the room, to keep it fresh in side and there was a small sliding door where Bradley usually brought me meat and water. I will be stuck in here for a few days, four days to be precise, four days on my own.

"This is awfully convenient, if you ask me" Bradley muttered as he glanced at me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Your heat is the perfect excuse to hide you" he whispered and I rolled my eyes.

"From what?" I muttered.

"Ryder" he whispered and I froze

"Why do you want to hide me from him so desperately? He's not going to kidnap me"

"I'm protecting you Dakota, my brother is not who you think he is" he whispered.

"Honestly Bradley, you just look jealous"  I snapped.

"I don't expect you to understand Dakota, but that's okay, hopefully you'll understand one day, just please not now" he said softly and then he closed the door. 

"Wait am I going to miss Tessa's ceremony?" I asked and he slid the door open.

"I'm sorry Dakota" he whispered.

"Wait tell her I'll still be there, in her heart and she has all my support" I said and he smiled softly.

"I will, get some rest okay? You know how Grey gets at this time" he said and then he was gone and I was alone. Sighing I slid down the wall and glared at my hands. Come on heat! Let's get this over with. 

+++++

Grey snarled and started pacing up and down the wall, the pain was slowly slithering down her spine and she hated that feeling the most. She could handle the burning, the searing pain in her chest, the feeling of sweating razor blades and the itching under her skin, but the shocking pains down her spine is what bothered her. 

'Stop thinking about the pain' she sighed and arched her back, easing the pain for a split second.

'Sorry, how you holding up?'  I asked. 

'You know it would be amazing to end Bradley's life right about now, make him feel the same pain'

'Grey' I chuckled and she growled.

'What? If he was half the man he claims to be he'd mark us to put us out of our pain, but no, he has to be a daft, coward' she snapped 'This is why I really do not like mates, they're a weakness' she sighed.