Conclusion X Ending X The story Ends Pt. 2

Examiner, Satotz's POV
     Gon's eyes became watery as he tried to keep himself steady. He opened his mouth, but not a single syllable escaped his lips. Shortly, he spoke.
"How can... what happened?" Gon choked at each word. "Who?"

"Please allow me to explain everything starting from when you blacked out." I tried to keep him calm as he threw the cover off.

"Okay..." Gon retreated his rebellion and listened.

"You are correct about the young lady keeping a straight face throughout your match, however," I tried to be explicit. "You see, during that period of Mai's absence..."

~~~ During the final phase~~~
     It was the heat of the fight where the young boy, Gon, was putting up with every attack Hanzo offered. And yet, he was still standing, willing to keep fighting. It was hard to look at the match without cringing from the pain caused by the boy. There were even a few who seemed like they were ready to-

"Excuse me, Mr. examiner." Mai tugged on my sleeve. "May I go to the bathroom, please?"

"I do apologize, but no one is allowed to leave this room," I answered, but her unsettling trembling made me consider. "Well, I'll only allow it if you go with an escort."

"Fine," She grumbled and left with one of our securities.

     After the match was over, Mai returned as Gon was carried off. To my astonishment, she came back with bloody knuckles, and her fists displayed torn flesh from a repetitive action. Moments later, one of the guards informed me that the bathroom was utterly destroyed. Apparently, she had released all of her frustration and anger in the lavatory. I noticed her glaring at Gon's opponent and hinted that she was prepared to end his life.

"There are better times and places for that matter," I advised her. Mai immediately understood my quote then relaxed.

     A couple of matches went by, and all seemed well until we reach the fight between the boy, Killua and the applicant known as Gittarackur. Little did we know, he was Killua's older brother, named Illumi, a member of the Zoldyck family. He revealed his true identity by removing pins from his flesh, thus rearranging his facial features. Killua was most surprised with this outcome.

"Now's my chance," I heard Mai mumble to herself. "No one can stop me."

     Before I could process what the young girl was saying, she disappeared in an instant.

"Mai, what are you doing?!" An applicant despaired.

     As I turned, I witnessed Mai holding Killua by the throat barely giving him any time to adjust to his new situation. His eyes were bewildered as he scratched at her gripping hand. A few security guards rushed to constrain the girl, but in a quick flash, their heads flew right off; splattering blood as their bodies dropped. Mai appeared in the center of the room with a red-stained knife in her hand.

"Anyone who interrupts will be next." She warned, a voice with no mercy. "This is between Killua Zoldyck and me."

     She mainly addressed her statement to Illumi, who narrowed his eyes at Mai. After a moment of immobility, out of the blue, Illumi kicked Mai, sending her across the room. The kick was rather powerful, enough to break her entire rib cage and every other bone in contact. It wouldn't surprise me if she died there and then. Leorio didn't handle the event well, considering that he was positioning himself to attack Illumi.

"That was lame." We heard Mai's voice. She stood up slowly then dusted herself showing that the kick was ineffective. "I've been kicked way harder than that."