A cliché situation ~31~

I heard a knock on the door and Kacey came into my room.

"So when is your accompanist coming?" He asked as he sat on the edge of my bed.

"Uh... what do you mean?" I asked him.

"I mean, like you guys have to practice together! So he's going to come right?" He asked me.

"No. I don't want dad to make assumptions. He'll freak out if he saw him." I said.

"Oh come on! Please? I'll explain to dad. I wanna hear you guys practice together." He said.

"And where are we gonna practice?" I asked him.

"You can practice in my room! The piano's still there anyways!" He said.

After Kacey stopped playing, Kacey insisted on keeping the piano, because no matter if he couldn't play, he loved the sight of it. Kacey would always keep it clean.

"Hmmm... No." I said.

"Please!" He said giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine!" I said. I couldn't say no to that face. I pat his head, messing up his hair in the process as I reached for my phone.

"Hey!" He said and I laughed.

I texted Travis explaining the situation and asking if he wanted to come tomorrow.

T: Sure. I know
you couldn't have
resisted my charm
anyways ;)

K: What charm?
Ohhhh the non
existent one!

T: Yes my charm
is too much
to even exist
in this would.

K: More like it's too
dumb to exist in the
world. I'm gonna go.
See ya tomorrow.

I turned off the phone and stared at Kacey who was still in my room.

"Why are you still here?" I asked him as he grinned and I scooted away from him a bit.

"Oh nothing. Just watching sister fall helplessly in love. When is he coming?" He asked and I groaned.

"I'm not helplessly in love! And he's coming tomorrow." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Suuuure. Anyways, see ya! Bye." He said as he closed the door and left. I huffed as I lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Travis came to my house. My dad was in his room, because though Kacey explained I didn't want him to be upset.

I led him to Kacey's room, as Kacey kinda just stared at us from the dining table.

None of us said a word, and let me tell you. It was awkward.

"Soooo nice house." He said. "Is this your brothers room?" He asked.

"Thanks. And yeah." I said.

"Does he play the piano?" Travis asked his eyes lighting up.

"Used to." I said.

"Used to?" He asked and I sighed and told him the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh." He said. And I nodded. There was another awkward silence.

"Sooooo do you want to... practice?" I asked him and he nodded.

I pulled off the cloth from the piano and Travis played a few notes, nodding in satisfaction that it was a good piano.

"Let's get started." He said as we both took a deep breath, and started playing together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We discussed some parts, and talked about how to improve things. We have been practicing for hours now.

"My fingers hurt." I said as I opened and closed them for an attempt to make them better.

"Same. Wanna end it here?" He asked and I nodded.

We covered the piano with a cloth once again.

Travis smiled at me and I smiled back at him again.

"So no more awkwardness anymore?" He asked and I nodded.

"Your hands look heavy. Lemme hold them for you." He said as he reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Very blunt I see." I said as I blushed.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

We scrambled to get away from each other, but I slipped and Travis tried catching me, but ended up falling on top of me.

"Are you guys-" Kacey started as he entered the room, but immediately walked backwards and closed the door.

"Sorry." He said from the other side of the door obviously completely misunderstanding the situation.

"It's-" I started off, but found no point in it and sighed and stopped myself.

It was like those cliché situations. Travis was on top, his faces inches away from me.

I internally screamed as to how close he was, suddenly alarmed. The last time we were so close... my face burnt red with the memory.

Travis was blushing as well but didn't move.

We were there for a few seconds, staring at each other until Travis got off of me.

"I should go. I'll see you tomorrow? At school?" He asked and I nodded.

We walked downstairs in silence until we got to the door.

"Oh ya. And I'm still trash. So I still think you should take me out." He said and winked, and I laughed.

"Dork. Goodnight." I said and he smiled.

"Goodnight."

He left the room and I locked the door behind him, I went up to Kacey who was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"That wasn't what it looked like." I said.

"Mhmm" he said still staring at the screen until he turned to look at me with a grin.

"How was that not how it looked?"

"Well, when you knocked on the door, I tripped and he tried catching me and so he fell along with me and ended up like... that."

"Yeah like I'd believe a cliché moment like that." He said.

"It's true though!" I said.

"Nope. Still don't believe you." He said.

I rolled my eyes realizing that no matter what I said, he won't believe me.

"Fine." I said as I walked away.

To tell you the truth, when Travis was getting up, I wanted to grab his arm. To hug him. To tell him to stay a bit longer.

But I didn't, and I couldn't.

Hey Guys! Two uploads as well yay! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and please vote, comment, and tell others about my story. Bye!

Word count: 1000