So please. Dont lie to me. ~28~

We parted and stared into each other's eyes our foreheads touching.

I seemed to drown in his eyes, until I blushed realizing what just happened.

I pulled back and awkwardly laughed. "How about we get back home. It's getting dark."

"Yeah." Travis breathed.

Travis walked me home and I waved goodbye running into my room.

I shut the door and locked it behind me, my heart beating loudly.

I sat down on the floor, as someone knocked on my door.

"Katelyn?" The person asked. It was my brother.

"Yeah Kacey? How was the soccer game?" I asked him as I opened the door.

"It was great! But are you ok? You suddenly ran into your room without saying anything." He asked me.

"Oh it was nothing. Just had to um... use the washroom?" I said being horrible at lying again.

"Ok. And who was that guy who dropped you off?" Kacey asked continuing to torment me with questions.

I had forgotten about not trying to let my family know about Travis. Especially my dad because he'll make assumptions and freak out.

"That was Nicole what are you saying?" I asked him, but I felt bad for lying.

"Katelyn, I know when you're lying. You lied twice to me in this conversation. He clearly had white hair, and looked nothing like a girl." Kacey said.

"Kacey, I haven't been completely honest with you." I said sighing. Kacey seemed to always see through my lies.

"Please start." Kacey said.

"He's a new guy into my grade, and he's really good at playing the piano. I have a competition coming up, and I asked him to be my accompanist." I said.

"Is that all? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me. I stayed quiet. "Is it because of my hand?" He asked me and I nodded slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Flashback)

Kacey and I smiled to each other as we played together.

"They're so good as 8 and 10!"

"Awww."

"They're so talented!"

"Wow they're so adorable!" People would say.

That made my brother and I always happy.

"It'd be so nice to perform on a grand stage!" I sighed, my eyes twinkling full of dreams.

"I'll support you Katelyn! I'll be your best a-a-acompanisht!" He said and I chuckled.

"Accompanist right? I'm counting on you."

We dreamt of sitting on a grand stage and performing an amazing performance together. And we wanted to do it together. I, playing the violin, and him accompanying me on the piano.

As we grew older, we improved as well. Especially Kasey. He was like a gifted child.

Kasey was always the quiet shy kid, and didn't quite fit in well, but music always was the one thing he didn't need to be shy about, and Kacey loved it.

When I first started the violin, he wanted to play an instrument as well, so our dad started taking him to piano lessons.

We were getting closer to the day that we'll be able to play on a grand stage together. But everything doesn't go that way.

Kacey found out he had a sickness in which his left hand won't be able to move as freely anymore, which meant he couldn't play the piano anymore.

The day Kacey heard that, he tried keeping a smile up around us. He said it was okay and pretended to laugh it off.

But I know it wasn't my imagination when I heard him crying once we left his room.

It broke my heart to pieces, and I stopped playing as well. I thought maybe if I played it would pain him more, and I didn't want him to feel anymore pain.

One day, I was just lying on my bed staring into space when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said.

The door opened and Kacey came in.

"Katelyn are you not going to practice today? Again?" He asked me.

"I don't feel like it." I lied. I actually wanted to play all day long. Even if my hands were to ache, I would've kept playing. I missed the feeling.

"Katelyn. Don't lie to me. I know you want to play very badly. It's my fault isn't it? You're not playing because I can't." He said.

"It's not your-"

He cut me off. "I know it's my fault Katelyn. Just don't feel bad about me. Don't worry! Just keep playing and achieve our dream for me. Play on the grand stage! And tell me what it's like." He said and I started tearing up.

"Ok Kacey. I will! I will achieve our goal, and I'll tell you what it's like!" I said and he started tearing up as well.

"I'm counting on you!"

(End of flashback)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I told you not to worry about my hand. I love hearing your violin and I want to hear you play it every day!" He said. "I know you tend to not play at home because you feel bad, but you don't have to feel bad. I'm happy just listening to you!" He said and I nodded.

"So please. Don't lie to me. It hurts more when you lie to me." He said and I realized how it must've hurt him when I lied to him.

"I'm so so sorry Kacey." I said.

Hey guys! So this chapter was a bit about learning their past! Did u enjoy it? If so please leave a like, comment, and tell others about my story!