September 2017 - Part 7: More Parties ('Lessons')

It's something most students do, I told myself I would never do it, but now I am in a position to make an informed decision about whether I would like to carry on or not. What am I referring to you ask? I started to try different types of alcohol, weak ones, mind, with a variety of different flavours. I tried orange, coconut and other fruity flavours. I was never pressured into anything. It is, and always will be my choice whether I would like to drink anything but I have to admit that I did feel more included in the atmosphere of our Fresher's kitchen parties.
    I like the taste of some more than others, and I have my own personal, low limit of when I like to stop. I feel like drinking is part of traditional student life and I will always be grateful to those around me at the time for advising on what I should and shouldn't drink, considering that I had drank virtually nothing before I came to University.
   I see that social benefits of it but I'm not sure if I necessarily only enjoy it to the extent of trying something and not trying it again, but only I can see what the future holds. It was an experience, an experience I'm glad I had, and an experience I will continue to have until I come to a informed decision about the future of my relationship with drinking. I feel as though I am learning a lesson and that I am learning more about myself and what I personally am and am not comfortable with.